Food Vacuum savers

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We have been talking about getting a food vacuum sealer as the freezer bags just don't seems to hold up as good as they used and I have tried several brands name and store. I have been looking at reviews for various brands of food vacuum savers and now my head is spinning. Do you ladies have any that you would recommend?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have the Food Saver brand. I’m on my second one now. The first one I had for ages and it finally stoped working. I used it to death. I repackage all my meat for the freezer, freezer meals, apple sauce, tomatoes, cookies, etc, etc..... I’ve not had any issues. My sister in law, my son and my cousin have /had the same brand. I got my current one from kohl’s but qvc has some decent prices too. I pretty much use the food saver bags and rolls. I usually get them from kohl’s with my kohl’s cash and a coupon.

I think Cabela’s has their own brand for hunters that process their own game. I haven’t any experience with them.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I too have been using the Food Saver for years and find to to be sturdy and useful.

Go for it.

Reactions: Minta

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Food Saver here too. Last one we had stopped working but the company replaced it since we had not had it very long.

Reactions: Minta

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I've used a FoodSaver, Model FM2435-ECR for about the last 3 years and have been very satisfied with it. I think it may have been around $115??? I seem to remember getting it at Kohls and using a coupon, so the original price may have been more.

Compared with my original one (which is still serviceable, but sitting in a storage bin), this model is far superior. The reason I upgraded is that there were always issues with my original one not fully sealing, especially when it was a wet or moist product. So, if I were sealing fresh meat, packages wouldn't seal because of the juices. Same with strawberries and blueberries. I had to freeze first, and then seal, making it more tedious and loosing freshness in the process.

This Model has both wet and dry setting, and you can simply vacuum seal without any air removal. It has worked perfectly for me. It came with an attachment for using FoodSaver vacuum bags (and a couple of those bags), and you can get a jar-sealer attachment, as well. I've not added that attachment.

When reordering bags, I've tried some of the generic non-brand name ones from Amazon and they've worked equally as well.

Reactions: luludou and Minta

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have the Food Saver, too, with the wet and dry setting. I don't know the model number. I usually buy my bags from Sam's. I've tried the Great Value brand, but didn't like them as well, and there wasn't that much difference in the price. Lori, I'll try the ones from Amazon now that I have an opinion about them that I trust.