Fourth of July food

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
What do you have planned for food on the 4th? MIL is having a picnic,but I am not sure what I will take to share. I am thinking beer bread and blt dip.

If I were home, we would have BBQ chicken, twice baked potato salad, watermelon, and a red, white and blue dessert.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
We will have our boys and their inlaws here. We will grill hamburgers and hot dogs. I will make potato salad, baked beans, fresh lemonade, patriotic pie, homemade ice cream and then the rest is up to everyone else.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nothing in the plan book right now.

Christmasstar

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario Canada eh!
well, not being American, but Canadian, we already had our big celebration yesterday, Canada day! We are 146 years old now.
I can tell you what we enjoyed.
We had BBQ (of course!) burgers, chicken and hotdogs.
Salads, baked potatoes, and buns.
Cheese cake, butter tarts, cake and fresh strawberries.
Then around the fire we enjoyed smores with homemade marshmallows.
We had only 20 this year, but still had lots of fun.

I hope you all enjoy your celebrations!

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
We are having:

Brisket
Grilled Corn
Cheesey Potatoes
Baked Beans
Hamburgers and Hot Dogs
Potato Salad
Apple Pie
Peach Cobbler w/homemade ice cream
and Red, White and Blue fruit salad

Eddie

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I will be serving chicken souvlaki. I've never done this for the 4th, but wanted to do something different this year.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
ChristmasStar, Glad you jumped in with your menu too.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
We're having a throwback to our Saipan island days this 4th of July with Korean BBQ Beef Short Ribs (they have been marinating in soy sauce, vinegar and chili/garlic sauce for two days now) and Filipino pork BBQ skewers. Rice, of course, but not sure what other sides yet.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hmmm, the cheesy potatoes or twice baked potatoes sound good...may have to do those instead of potato salad!

We're having:

Ribs
Chicken
Sausage
Brisket
Hotdogs
Baked beans
Potato salad - but may be changing that :)
Watermelon
Lemonade Pie
Carrot cake - maybe!
DS may be making homemade peach ice cream

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I am grilling baby back ribs, corn on the cob, and red skin potatoes. We're not big dessert eaters, so I haven't figured that part of the meal yet.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Since I'll be all by myself, boohoo (lol), I have some hot dogs to make on my grill pan with potato rolls. I think I'll run to the grocery in the a.m. and get some chips and some potato salad. Ice cream too. I do have a little can of baked beans to heat up too. I had to give up sauerkraut due to stomach issues so I'll have to make due with relish.

My DH and I will have a little cookout on Saturday. I have either a beautiful slab of salmon or 2 big packages of chicken legs and thighs that I can grill.

When my kids were younger, they would go up to NJ during summer vacation and DH and I would be on our own for the 4th. We loved going to Red Lobster on the holiday as it is the only day it is not crowded, lol.

I'm looking forward to the next 4 days off!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I made the lemonade pie tonight. Tomorrow, I'll top it with blue berries and strawberries. Also, bought a watermelon. DGS#2 loves them! I decided to go with the twice baked potato casserole since more family like it than potato salad. We're doing supper instead of lunch.

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
MissJane - I pinned a recipe on Pinterest that was a Baked Potato potato salad. I wanted to try for the 4th, but thought I should try it at least once before I spring on the family, hence the cheesey potatoes.

Eddie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I pulled out two steaks for the grill. Have no idea of what else to make. We tried the watermelon I bought last night. Not good at all this time.