Freezer Sessions 2020...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Meat prices are starting to come down!

That is GREAT to hear! I haven't bought much meat in a while - we've been careful with what we have in the freezer - doing pretty good so far!

Juiced a bag of lemons and one of limes and froze juice in ice cube trays...

Also froze the Chocolate Espresso Fudge my DSIL dropped off the other day...man that stuff is good but she brought a ton and there is no way I am letting it go bad!!! LOL

I have green peppers and jalapeno peppers to freeze - hoping to do that tomorrow!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
When I cooked spaghetti sauce last night, I made a big batch. I put two bags of sauce into the freezer.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ground 6 pounds of pork today for the freezer.
AJ, is there a recipe for the fudge??? That sounds like it’s pretty good!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I made 4 beef and veggie curries, some chicken pot pie and french onion penne put away. Will be used for the remaining of the cold weather. Need to start thinking about what to batch cook for putting away for the Summer.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My freezer is almost empty! I don't think I've ever seen it so empty. will try to use up more this week and then will start loading it up again :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Bought another freezer today. I was pondering thanksgiving and realized I wouldn’t have any freezer space to store a turkey when they start having them available. I usually wait close to the day to get one but this year....... According to Home Depot website they had one model in stock. So we went to the store. No, they haven’t had freezers in stock for months. I was not happy and yes I should have called. I called the local appliance store where we got our stove and refrigerator on a off chance, just as they were pulling some off the delivery truck!!! I got a 10cft upright instead of 5cft chest on my husband insistence. Now I have to make room for it in the garage. Look out frozen foods:)!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Oh, my! I hadn't even thought about the turkey and ham! :oops:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Turkey definitely!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Have bushel and a half of tomato’s on my kitchen counter. Will be working on them tomorrow and put in the freezer.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Cut and froze a bunch of bell peppers, froze jalapenos and cooked and froze a bag of chicken for quick starts to meals. SIL dropped off some Tomato Bread that I will be mostly freezing - it smells so good but is NOT diet friendly!! lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ground beef was on sale this weekend, so made a crockpot of Spaghetti sauce... we ate some, froze some and made a lasagna which was also frozen. Made sloppy joes and hamburger patties with the rest (all frozen)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DH and I discussed what we need to try and stock back up on in the freezers - I need to play a little game of musical frozen food and switch things around, make more room so we can buy a few large packs of ground beef and chicken breast.

I have plenty of raw chicken breast but I'd like to put all the fresh I buy into marinades and then freeze.

Getting close to the point where I would normally be starting to sock away cookie dough in the freezer and space for that is going to be limited this year. May have to rethink that a bit...

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Yes, cookie dough season is getting close. I don't normally do it ahead of time but will this year to make certain I have/can get the ingredients I need. Any one find canned pumpkin yet?

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Went to the butcher the other day and stocked up on chicken breast and ground beef. Froze most of it but with the rest I made 1 1/2 dozen hamburger patties and flash froze them, sliced up, season, cooked and flash froze 5 lbs of chicken breast to be used for sandwiches and made up 2 lbs of sloppy joes and bagged them up in 2 serving size portions. Quick and easy lunches for the kids as schools starts this week.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cooked up 12 lbs of chicken and 4 lbs of ground beef for the freezer. I plan to pick up some more meats this week on the Labor Day sales and put some in the freezer. My dd said that we better eat some food from the freezer because she can't do any Christmas cookie baking with a full freezer. LOL! I guees we'll be eating from the freezer for the next few months. :)

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cooked up 12 lbs of chicken and 4 lbs of ground beef for the freezer. I plan to pick up some more meats this week on the Labor Day sales and put some in the freezer. My dd said that we better eat some food from the freezer because she can't do any Christmas cookie baking with a full freezer. LOL! I guees we'll be eating from the freezer for the next few months. :)

I’m shopping the holiday meat sale tomorrow! Ive been trying to use up the last of what I had bought at the start of the virus. So glad meat prices are coming down.

Made 4 small ready to bake apple pies ( I baked one already for dessert tonight) and filling for one large pie. Waiting on the apples I want for apple sauce.

Trying to decide what if any holiday baking I will do. Neither one of us needs cookies in our life lol.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Time for me to do a freezer deep clean and inventory everything as I put it back.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Over the long weekend I did a LOT in the kitchen! Including:

- Made four different marinades which I froze 14 lbs of chicken breast in

Balsamic Marinade
Cilantro Lime Marinade
"Best" Chicken Marinade
Oven Chicken Fajita Marinade

- Cooked 3 lbs of ground beef then froze
- Broke up two other packs of beef and froze 6 one lb bags
- Sliced up several bell peppers and froze
- Froze more jalapenos from DSIL's garden

Freezers are FULL! I have no idea what to do about cookies yet. Will try to rearrange again and see what I can come up with!

Reactions: luludou