Freezer Sessions 2020...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Stopped at the meat market yesterday and picked up 20 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs and a large brisket which we cut into 4 sections. Chest freezer is now full. The only meat I need to find a good deal on is pork chops.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Stopped at the meat market yesterday and picked up 20 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs and a large brisket which we cut into 4 sections. Chest freezer is now full. The only meat I need to find a good deal on is pork chops.

Pork has been on sale here more frequently than the other cuts of meat...and leg quarters.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Pork has been on sale here more frequently than the other cuts of meat...and leg quarters.
The meat market we shop at always has great sale on chicken so I am pretty stocked up on various cuts of chicken. Decent pork sales are few and far between here. I may have to settle and pay more than I want to.

• Sad

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I just made some raspberry/blueberry freezer jam.

Wanted to try my hand a pickles but left the cucumbers with DS and DDIL

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The meat market we shop at always has great sale on chicken so I am pretty stocked up on various cuts of chicken. Decent pork sales are few and far between here. I may have to settle and pay more than I want to.
We had pork chops on sale again for .99 cents a pound. Chicken prices are back to pre virus prices. Beef is still hit or miss.

Apple sauce is in the freezer along with 2 more little pies. I need to do some serious reorganization of my freezers. It needs to be a priority before my next shopping trip.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our freezers are packed again with a combination of frozen vegetables and meats. I have to remind myself not to go to the freezer section when I'm at the grocery store. I picked up a few items on sale and then remembered once I got home that there was no space in the freezer. :rolleyes: I pulled out 7 bags of frozen vegetables and put them in the refrigerator. We had 5 bags for one dinner and 2 bags for another dinner.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mary, I'm having to do the same thing, but I'm beginning to have a little room in the freezer. Now, my mind is turning more toward the freezer meals I can get in there and using things before they get too old or freezer burned. Buying ahead and having on hand is great, but not if we can't use it while it's still useable.

We have a busy week ahead. I took out a few things this morning to put in the refrigerator to thaw over the week for the nights we'll be eating supper at home.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm going to the grocery less and starting to use things from my pantry and freezer. But then I say to myself that I have to start stocking up again.

Lot of pasta sales now.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We did some stocking up today. I am feeling pretty good about what we have. I have plenty for my Christmas baking. I would like to go to the Farm and Fleet store and get the nuts and candy I use for Christmas. The packaging is in larger sizes that the stores I shop and prices are good so I don't have to double up if I buy here. All I have to do is pop it in the freezer when I get home with it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Organized both the big freezers and my refrigerator one. Have a spot all ready for a turkey. We are pretty well stocked except for ground beef ( totally out) and frozen vegetables. I actually have some room. Pulled all the old stuff (only from August) into the refrigerator freezer. So glad we were able to find a extra freezer this summer. The lord blessed us with that one.

JoDee, I never go into our Farm and Fleet (at least I think that’s what it’s called). It’s out the other end of town and not handy. I do tractor supply because it’s right where I shop. I’ll have to check about their nuts and candy.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have gone through the upstairs freezers and have things tidied up and room for cookies, etc.

Added some bagels I sliced! And some frozen cubes of lime juice. Will work on adding cookies for holiday trays/tins starting this weekend if not sooner!

Have to think about freezer meals, if any. Space is tight with all the meat, etc.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We've been eating out of our freezers this month making space for the Thanksgiving turkey, side dishes and Christmas cookies. I'm finding meats that I forgot I picked up in August. That's a nice surprise!

• Love

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Beef vegetable soup in the freezer. When I was at the store I followed the meat department guy as he was marking things down for quick sale. Roast was on sale already but he was marking them down more to move them, so I got a great deal.

My hickory farms order came and is tucked away in the freezer too. I couldn’t find beef log in any of the stores and they will not have any pop up stores close to us. My coupon covered my shipping.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Went to the meat market the other night as they had a special on boneless skinless chicken breast. 40 lb case for $30. Got 30 bs bagged into qrt size freezer bags. With the last 10 lbs I took 5 lbs, sliced them for sandwiches, 2 lb cut into thin strips and 3 lbs in to bite sizes. seasoned and cooked them. Flash froze them and then bagged them up into the freezer for quick easy meals.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I restocked the freezer earlier this week with ground beef, chicken and pork that I picked up on sale. The turkey can be picked up after Nov. 15th.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've got my 39 Cents a pound turkey in the freezer and there really isn't room for much else.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I made two small pans of beef enchiladas Sunday night and put them in the freezer.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My turkey is all tucked away. Ours were 39 cents too. All my freezers are packed full. Still wanting to make my chicken soup to freeze but I’m still holding out for parsley root instead of using parsley leaf.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got our side dishes for Thanksgiving made and in the freezer. No space again. LOL! I think once we get through Thanksgiving, we'll have space for freezing homemade cookies.