Freezer Sessions 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Right now I am thinking that I will focus on the following things for hotter weather freezer items:

- Raw meats in various marinades (Oven Chicken Fajita, "Best" Chicken Marinade, "Best" Steak Marinade, probably chicken or steak in an Asian type marinade for stir frys, etc.) - I'd like to find a good option for shrimp and/or scallops as well...also looking for good marinade option to add to a bag with frozen meatballs...
- Cooked, shredded Mexican Chicken for tacos, etc.
- Homemade burger patties, flash frozen (I mix in onion soup mix, pieces of bread, egg, etc.)
- Homemade pizzas (crust par baked, flash frozen then topped, flash frozen again, then wrapped)
- White Chicken Chili
- Marinated Hotdogs (you slice little cuts into each hotdog then put in marinade made of ketchup, Worcestershire, garlic and a bit of oil - really great when grilled!)
- Twice Baked Potatoes (to be heated on the grill)
- "Stuffed" meats - like Chicken Cordon Blue Pinwheels or Italian Flank Steak - so many recipes like this really
- Extra marinades that can be thawed and used on fresh veg before grilling
- Garlic Bread (for grilling)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos or Banana Peppers (for grilling)

I've been doing some planning around instant pot and/or slow cooker meals for the warmer months - since that avoids using an oven and heating up the house. Not sure yet if there will be anything I can possibly have prepped in the freezer to jump start an instant pot recipe but most likely there will be something along those lines...

Our grill finally died after being nursed along and repaired for 10 years - so we got a new one that is charcoal on one side and propane on the other - excited to use it for a LOT of meals this summer! I've always wanted to try grilling pizza - I think this is the year for it!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ this all sounds amazing. Sounds like the new grill will make Summer cooking a lot more pleasant.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
OK AJ I am now officially jealous :)

Its going to be a while before I can my stock my freezers with any premade items as I have no room. Last month a local butcher shop had a special in 1/4 cow so I placed and order. I have never ordered that before and wasn't expected as much meat as we got. That meat order gave my skills at playing tetris a run for my money. It also gave me a chance to clean out and defrost my chest freezer.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
1/4 cow so I placed and order. I have never ordered that before and wasn't expected as much meat as we got. That meat order gave my skills at playing tetris a run for my money. It also gave me a chance to clean out and defrost my chest freezer.
DH and I did this every year. Mom's neighbor raised cattle for sale. Now it takes 2 or more years to get it low enough for a refill. @ $2.25 a pound a great deal!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would love to be able to get a deal on bulk meat. It just does not happen here that I know of. My freezers are pretty full at the moment, will spend some time over the weekend and tidy them up a little.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I just gathered the meats for taking on vacation. I am getting near the end of my freezer stash.:oops: I didn't realize that I was that low. I know what I will be doing when I return from vacation.