Freezer Sessions 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I didn’t see a thread started so I thought I’d jump in.
My freezers were pretty sparse so I’ve started filling them.
I’ve put up strawberries and some freezer jam, blackberries and freezer jam and a few blueberries for pies so far.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We just bought an upright freezer and got 1/4 of a cow order last weekend. This weekend we are going to get a 40lb case of chicken quarters and will get them separated into groups of 4 and 8 per bags and freeze them. I started flash freezing blueberries for the freezer too.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Got a sack of medium hot peppers for stuffed peppers. I’ll get them clean, ready to stuff and freeze until I get tomatoes. Completely out of them. They should have them in bulk the in next few weeks.
Red haven peaches are ripe!! I have a peck of seconds I’ll make pie filling with tomorrow. The other peck I plan to just enjoy- I’m very happy with a dish of fresh peaches for dinner every night.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Red haven peaches are ripe!!
Where are you located? Last I heard from farmer friends in Michigan, it would be another couple of weeks before they are ready. Need to put some up and make peach jam.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Where are you located? Last I heard from farmer friends in Michigan, it would be another couple of weeks before they are ready. Need to put some up and make peach jam.
I’m in northeast Ohio. They started picking the red havens this past weekend. They’ve been picking doughnuts and another early variety for almost 2 weeks now. I think the the red havens came in about week and 1/2 early here. They are pricing out at 21$ - 22$ a peck here. We are still waiting on the good local corn.