Friday Friday July 31st, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It is 6:51 and I am ready to walk out but still have about 15 to 20 minutes before I leave.

Will go get some stuff together for Aunt Imogene. Allen will drop it by the office at the hospital and they will get it to her in 72 hours.

I will get off between 3-3:30 I suppose and off the weekend.

Last night got home and did supper and my sister called and wanted to know if we wanted tomatoes so went up there 7-10 so nothing done here.

Allen has township meeting tonight

I would like to go to Dollar Tree for fall flowers for the cemetery and look at craft stuff. Ours doesn't have an overly huge craft section tho.

Have to get a new kitchen light too. Ours isn't even an year old and it went out. Can't buy replacement stuff so have to get a new one!!!

Everybody have a GREAT day!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning!

Came home to find the rock wall completed...but the rock that is in the center of the lineup is not the same color as the others! I talked to the contractor, he said there are some naturally-occurring variations but I told him I was not happy and wanted a change. He's coming back out on Monday to see what can be done. Honestly, you would have thought that when they laid the rock, they would have noticed how different it was. More to come.

Filling in for the Commander's admin today, not sure if that will make for a busier or a slower day. I've taken a couple of things from my desk to work on if it's slow.

This should have been my first piece of news - we finally have a Master's candidate in the family...Sophia passed her EdTPA (Teacher Performance Assessment - Education) assessment! Not sure what that means for graduation, in these COVID-19 times, she'll most likely get her diploma in the mail.

Have a great day, everyone, make the most of it because tomorrow is August and after that is AUTUMN!!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Morning, Everyone!

Nothing much going on here today. Just some more cleaning. And stuff. At least I slept better last night. Thank the Lord.

Will be cooler, but rain off and on. That's ok. We still need some rain. The crops will be so thankful.

Well, I have nothing more to report. Guess I will get out of bed, and see what there is for breakfast. Yes, the Thundering Herd upstairs is stomping around, so yes it is time to get up and get busy. Have a great day, peeps! Stay safe and be blessed!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day Lana, Pam, Pamela & all who follow. Another day of same ole same ole. Might do some laundry if the mood hits me. Of course hot and may rain. I do need to call the bank DH should have a retirement settlement coming in.

Pamela congrats to Sophia
Hi Lana & Pam

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning calling for rain today. we had alittle last nite but not enough. tomo aug 1st getting closer to the holidays. cleaning some did a little decluttering. have a good day,

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I didn't sleep well last night. I got really tired earlier in the evening but didn't nap on the couch. DD and I went for a walk. The acupuncturist said I should sleep better than I have in a long time, but I didn't. I was disappointed. My neck hurt on the right side and I just didn't sleep well. I don't know. I'm tired this morning because my body needed to sleep after yesterday. I just feel drained. Hopefully i'll sleep better tonight. My headache is back. I'll take some ibuprofen in a bit. I didn't eat yesterday really until after my appointment so that didn't help either and i'm starving this morning even though I ate dinner. I think it's contributing to my headache maybe.

Today is the faculty meeting, we get an hour for lunch and then back to the meeting from what I understand. I'll take my notebook so I can write important things down. I think i'll take a cup of coffee this morning too. If I left early enough I could stop by Starbucks but I don't think that's going to happen. I said yesterday that I think they should deliver to the nearby schools only. hehe I think i'll get lunch out with the team today. They have been going and grabbing stuff everyday but I brought my lunch the first day and yesterday I left. I'll participate today. Hopefully it's something good though, yesterday was sushi. Yuck! I need to get my life in order this weekend and do some prep for next week as far as dinners and such. Grocery shopping is on the agenda. I think i'll make a trip to Sam's Club.

Lana- Sorry your light went out. They don't make things like they used to for sure. I hate when i'm ready that early because then I get anxious to leave and end up just pacing around. haha
Pamela- Oh no! I hope it's an easy fix for them and something that you'll be happy with. Yay! Congrats to Sophia!
Hi Pam, Tricia and Faye!

Enjoy your day!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! Rain and thunder overnight and now it is just grey out. Temperatures are in the 70's which is a nice change.

Doing some laundry and otherwise piddling around today. Can't get myself in gear. Will just have to run with it until I get some energy back.

DS and DDIL may be out over the weekend since they will be looking for houses again out east.

Pamela - congrats to Sophia! She's worked so hard for this!
Jess - Hope you feel better and the meeting is productive
Lana - Dollar Tree's craft selection seems to be getting better
Have a good day Tricia, Faye and Pam

Reactions: PamelaG

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon from cloudy PA! Yesterday they said rain all day, but that has just changed to cloudy all day. Go figure. It's 82* and a bit humid. It rained last night for quite awhile. It's so hard to believe it's the last day of July.

My visit with my friend was nice. We had lunch and hung out on her porch. Then I came home and made dinner before M left for soccer for the evening. I finished up Outer Banks while the house was quiet.

Today has been laundry....sheets, M's soccer stuff, bathroom rugs, and soon our hamper. M and I walked this morning, too. I've been at it for 3 weeks now and can definitely see a difference in my waist line and stomach bulge. As much as I am not an exerciser, it is working. I sent out some thank you cards today and the results of my fingerprinting to the school district. I am not a criminal. :) The rest of the day will just be puttering around, probably paying bills, vacuuming, cooking dinner, and maybe trying out my new doughnut pan!

Our governor released a statement today that he will not be closing schools in the commonwealth and that will be up to the individual school districts to decide their operations for the school year. I now know that I will definitely be in school this year. Our district leadership strongly believes that children must be in school. (I agree, just not sure how we will do it safely with our numbers.) Can't wait to see the plan next week.

Lana...hope work goes smoothly for you!
Pamela...congrats to Sophia.
Jess...hope your meetings go well and lunch is fun!
Lana...Dollar tree is getting more crafts every day it seems. They had lots of fall items out last week.
Hi Tricia, Faye, Pam and Debbie.

Better get moving along....have a day full of blessings.....

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Good morning Everyone! Have I ever said how grateful I am for air conditioning? That's right near the top of my list.

We learned yesterday that dd #2, her spouse, her holy terror 3-yr-old dgs she is raising, one of her dd & dsil, and her dog will be arriving at 1:00 tomorrow afternoon from Michigan. Wow! Dsil & dgs are busily cleaning - dsil thrives on cleaning stress...dgs not so much. I have to figure out what to feed the crowd and then go buy it.

The dgkids' school supplies came this week. Dgd, who doesn't even like school, is so excited for online school to start. They will start on August 10.

Have a great day!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Congrats to Sophia!
GrammaDeb, it'll be a busy weekend! Enjoy the family time.

Was awake by 5:15. Got up at 6:30 and went out for my 25 min. walk.
Thought it would be a slow day but we saw a baby playard (? playpen) for sale on market place ... so we went to pick it up. we had one but it is not as solid as it was. dh will fix it with a panel of wood and it will stay here. The other one ds can use for when he goes somewhere with Xavier. Then we picked up groceries (got myself some sushis and a lemon shortcake for lunch).
DH is gone to ds' house with neighbor who is a contractor to see for his roof repair (some water leakage yesterday) .. and maybe he'll give him the back of the garage to do at the same time. DH says he is running out of time to do everything. Sooo.... as dh was gone it was the time to go drop off my stuff at the charity shop (he doesn't have to know all I get rid of ;) ) and then to get some bloodwork done at the local hospital.
Now I'll try to finish my knit socks. Just need to close the toes.

Later

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning.
A foggy start here this morning. I am not a fan of fog, it makes everything so wet and miserable.
I have a 2 day training weekend with my DrillDance team 9-4 both days. If we get everything done I might cut tomorrow back a bit.
We have 2 girls that live 5 hours away from us and they will be coming to train with the team so a lot of work today and tomorrow.

DD and DFSIL said that they might pop in and watch a Netflix show with DH, not sure if they will still be here when I get home. I hope so, I have not seen them in a while.
Better go and get ready,
Much love XOXO

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Came home to find the rock wall completed...but the rock that is in the center of the lineup is not the same color as the others! I talked to the contractor, he said there are some naturally-occurring variations but I told him I was not happy and wanted a change. He's coming back out on Monday to see what can be done. Honestly, you would have thought that when they laid the rock, they would have noticed how different it was. More to come.
[/QUOTE}
Stone Masons are well aware of the variations so the burden is on them. Wonder if he would be pleased it this type of work done if it was his wall. Post a photo on his website with a complaint.

Last edited:
Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
He's coming back on Monday to determine the best way to fix it.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hope it goes well for you. Seems it's always something to stress us out.

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Workmen has been here everyday since Tuesday (I think it was Tuesday). DD has gotten pretty stressed out with it. Wednesday she had a hard time with the change of schedule because of the workers and then a dentist appointment. She came home wrecked. Had her nap.

Today I headed out at 8 for an appointment at Mayo. Yearly skin check since I had some minor skin cancer years ago. I talked them in to a biopsy on a tiny place on my back. It itches like crazy but they say it's nothing. I told her if she didn't remove it. I was going to put wart off on it. So off it came. She ordered bloodwork and a chest x-ray. The check out person was able to get me into the lab and x-ray within 10 minutes and I was finished with it all 20 minutes later. So off to my favorite restaurant I went for lunch. Had my usual, Grilled salmon on a fresh bed of spinach with mixed fresh veggies. I alway have them sauté the spinach with garlic, Excellent as always. Once home I checked the Mayo portal for my result. All within normal range and chest x-ray was unremarkable. I think it should say it was remarkable since there is nothing wrong.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

The faculty meeting today wasn't all day like originally anticipated. It lasted a couple hours. We have all the PPE we'll need and the Principal also purchased disinfectant and hand sanitizer. He has been ordering since the end of the last school year and is continuing to do so. Our school didn't receive any of the funds that the state said all schools received so it has all come out of our schools budget, go figure. But we will be safe and so will the students because he ordered for all. All students and staff will get a face shield and cloth masks. We will also have disposable available if a student comes without one and access to gloves if we need them. We will also have a divider we can use to do one on one with a student. I have to say, I was very impressed with him.

We didn't do much after the meeting except figure out how we are going to cover the cubbies and get the supplies to do so. We will do that Monday morning and finish up the room. Tuesday will start training. I came home and talked to my mom on the phone for a while. My coffee syrup arrived today but didn't come with a pump as advertised. Irritating. Oh well. I need to work on a meal plan and grocery list. The kids did their chore list. I washed all my masks when I got home so they are all fresh and clean and ready for a new week. I think i'm going to start leaving one in my car and just one extra in my purse in a ziploc bag in addition to the one i'm wearing. The rest will stay at home. I had like 4 in my purse.

I am tired and glad the week is over, although I have thoroughly enjoyed myself the last 3 days being at school. I'm excited and hopeful for things to come.

Goodnight friends!