Frying Friday, 7-17-2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Good morning, Friends. I hope this Friday finds you feeling well.

Today is my DD's and DSIL's 23rd wedding anniversary. I can hardly believe it. I gave them three years, because they fought so much. But, praise the Lord, they worked thru the problems and built a strong marriage. I am so proud of them.

I am just going to lie here for a while. I don't plan on going anywhere today, and hope I do not have to.. It is gonna be a hottie today, folks. In the mid 90s all weekend.

I have a prayer request. My BFF's nephew was arrested yesterday regarding drugs. He has been doing them for YEARS. He was like my nephew, too, and called me Auntie Pam. I love this man; he is 46. Our hearts are broken, needless to say. He was a Nazarene pastor, and has been stripped of all his credentials. He had given drugs to a young man he knew and the young man died of an overdose. Please pray for the families involved. The young man had a rough life. In a way it is a blessing that he is not with us any longer. His father had molested him when he was little. I just can't believe what he went thru. The father served some time in jail/prison. It is a big mess! BFF is so upset. My DD called me and asked if I had talked to BFF. No, I said. What's going on. She told me. So when I called BFF I told her that I knew about Nephew. The floodgates opened, and we cried together. Then talked for an hour and a half. Nephew's dad is BFF's brother. So, please pray for the families involved. I thank you.

I may go back to sleep for a while. Been awake for a few hours. My mind is not working very well. I think my mind wants to take a nice long break! So I will honor my mind and do what it wants. Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

On the way out the door---but FYI Gooseberry Patch is having a sale on some of their cookbooks if you want some for gifts. I am going to get some for prizes for games for Christmas Eve.

Heat is tovstart today and weekend 99.

Have a GREAT day!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It is not a picture of my home ;)
Today is a 'sick' day for me as I have to leave around 11:00 to get my throat biopsy and echography. I did open my work emails though but still waiting on people.

Have a great day

Snowbell Ann

MHH Member
Jun 29, 2020
MO
Hi Pam,Lana, Lucie and all who follow

It supposed to be hot and possibly stormy here today. Other than Bible and Prayer time there not much really planned here. Altho we do plan to pick our first Tomato and Pepper today.

@Pam Spaur Oh goodness, Prayers for everyone involved.
@Lana We have had heat indexes reach 111 here this week and the heat is supposed to continue here today.
@luludou Pretty Picture and Prayers that everything goes alright.

Hope every one has a blessed day!

~Ashley~

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

Our A/C wasn't cooling as quickly as usual last night so I guess we'll be calling maintenance this morning so they can check it out. Not sure if they will make it out today or not but i'm guessing not. I just hope it doesn't kick the bucket over the weekend leaving us without A/C. DH came down and turned it down even more and by this morning it was freezing in here, so it worked eventually. Weird.

I have a follow up neurology visit this afternoon, nothing new to talk about really as I haven't had acupuncture yet. I still don't have any information on school so I can't really talk about Botox because I don't know what my schedule is going to be and if i'll be in school yet when the 90 days comes around for when my next injections would be. It has worked though so I am considering doing it again. I am just worried about the side effects I had before and being in the classroom. I will take my pre-assessment today at some point and go grocery shopping.

Pam- Happy Anniversary to your DD and DSIL! I'm sorry for your friend.
Lana- I got their email this morning but haven't looked at it yet.
Lucie- I hope everything goes okay today!
Hi Ashley!

Enjoy your day!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My brain just be fried. I said DD and DSIL were married 23 years today! Well, I lied! It is 27 years! Duh! See why it is frying Friday? I need a vacation.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Back from hospital. They did echography.. ... and short version of things no biopsy for now. My endocrinolgist was on vacation when she tried to call her but the doc that did the echography did not feel the need for biopsy. The bump on left side is almost all gone.. there is one on the right side but that side had already been analysed. And I feel things are better since Sunday so crossing my fingers all is well.

dh just called he's finishing earlier for vacation. So I'm officially on vacation for at least 2,5 weeks! woohoo!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon!

It's hot here too...87* and sunny. We fared okay with the storms yesterday afternoon. It just rained here. Other locations around us had the thunder/lightning and winds. Soccer was cancelled, too.

Another restless night...living on the edge these days, it seems. Never knowing what is next, but also waiting for the next shoe to drop. I got up and got ready in my exercise clothes, did some chores, ate, then M and I upped it to 2 miles with Leslie today. We'll keep it at 2 miles a day for the next week or so. Checked emails, got annoyed...lol, tired of admin asking us to do work that can be done on a PD day when/if we return in August....., watered and dead headed some more plants, and vac'd the porch. While we were away, the kids forgot to move the grill away from the railing and my fern, so half of my fern got burned....ugh. I cut the dead parts off because they were just blowing everywhere. It looks awful. I hope it comes back before summer is over. That's why the porch needed vac'd. Also vac'd the first floor. Just busy stuff.

H left to go on a camp trip with his college friends....there are 5 of them celebrating a friend's 21st birthday. It will definitely be quieter here for the next few days.

I guess I'll get moving along and read a bit. Not feeling much like cooking tonight, but that will have to be done too.

@luludou so glad that your tests went well and there was no need for a biopsy.
@Pam Spaur prayers for your friend's family.
@Snowbell Ann Stay cool and enjoy your fresh picked goodness!
@MrsSoup You should be able to take time off during student teaching as needed. I think my girl had 3 days.
@Lana I'll check out the cookbooks. QVC is having Christmas decor all day today. Some neat gift ideas on there. I like it for inspiration because I think many of their prices are too high.

Have a blessed day friends!
~peace and blessings~

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. Stomach bothering me some today so trying to take it easy. Ashley just turned the TV on QVC to watch their Christmas stuff.

It's hot again we might get some rain later.

We picked our first red tomato today. We'll have it on a Cheeseburger later.

Pam Happy Anniversary to your DD &SIL. Praying for your BBF nephew.
Lana stay cool
Jess hope your AC straightens out.
Lucie glad test are ok. Enjoy your vacation time.
Lisa waiting for the next shoe to drop is very draining.
Ashley not planning on buying anything on QVC lol
Hi Pamela

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

Attachments

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good afternoon everyone! As much as I would love to have any of you, my Christmas-loving friends, as a neighbor, I am glad I do not. Just reading about your temperatures makes me break out in a sweat. It's a high of 65 here today. Misty rain this morning but I left the house one minute later than usual and got to the bus stop just as the bus was pulling up so I walked through it quickly and got just a little damp but was soon dry. It's a steady day here at the office, not too busy, but just enough to make the day go by smoothly. I'm off to Whole Foods tonight and then in for the weekend. IKEA delivery is supposed to be (fingers crossed) on Sunday. Not that it's any big deal, it's just a box that will go in the dining room for now. Whenever Vic gets home, it will become the fourth part of a display cabinet for the library.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! It was a rainy morning and now it is pretty steamy out with the sun showing a bit.

I worked on putting my albums and crafty things together and on recovering a box with some pretty paper I got from Paper Source. Made me feel a little productive. Soon I'll make dinner - chicken fried steak.

Dh's friend finally came and took two big bags of clothing. So, finally, at least one thing is no longer on hold.

Lisa - I'm with you - waiting for the other shoe...
Pamela - glad you made the bus!
Tricia - the tomato looks delicious!
Pam - happy belated happy anniversary wishes
Lana - love Gooseberry!
Lucie - glad the tests had good results
Jess - hope the school situation works itself out
Ashley - good stuff on QVC?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

I studied this morning doing crosswords regarding terms and concepts. I had an email from WGU sent out to all the DT cohort students saying that they will be working on placements into August and September due to Covid and schools still trying to figure things out and it being a hard time, etc., etc. They will make sure that everyone has the requirements necessary to license. I can't help but wonder if my Hawaii placement coordinator complained because I contacted her yesterday and that prompted this email to everyone. :rolleyes: The timing of this email (a day after) is impeccable. While there are advantages to starting at the very beginning, I don't mind not starting until later. What irks me is the lack of communication about it all. I'm a communicator and a question asker, so if you aren't communicating with me then i'm going to ask. It's the way i've always been.

I went grocery shopping which didn't take too long. I came home and Eli helped me unload and DD helped me put away. Then Eli realized that one of his braces was loose and had potentially moved. So I called the orthodontist and they got him in at noon. When she used a tool on it, the entire thing came up off his tooth so it's a good thing we went in today instead of waiting until his appointment next week. The whole bracket came off, plus 2 other braces on two other teeth. :confused: Makes me think they didn't do such a good job putting them on because he hasn't been eating anything hard or crunchy that he's not supposed to be. They put new ones on and added another one to a tooth that was still coming in before. He cried when they put the bands on because it hurt. We stopped and got a milkshake on the way home and I gave him Motrin when we got home. I got a call earlier from the Neurologists office, they had a cancellation so now my appointment is 45 minutes earlier. I don't have time to take my pre-assessment so I guess i'll continue to study and try to take it this evening.

Lisa- We get 3 days and anything after that extends our time by a week. Sorry about your fern and admin.
Thank you Ashley!
Tricia- What a pretty tomato! Hope your stomach feels better!
Pamela- Glad you didn't get too wet this morning and I hope your delivery arrives as it should.
Debbie- Look at you being super productive, rub that off on me will you?

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Yay for you, Lucie. Good news all around. You and DH should go on a mini vacation, just the two of you. Spend a weekend or week days at a B&B, something like that. You both deserve this! Love ya, my little stinker!

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wow do not know how I missed that tomato. Now I’m thinking BLTs.

LC3 worked today. This morning I took DD to her behavior therapist. Same old complaints. No friends, can’t go any where and she doesnt like that she has to tell someone if shes going out the door. Her therapist sId all adults tell the other housemates if they are leaving and where thet are going, even the therapst does. Was not what DD wanted to hear. Therapist said she needed to change her prospectiv.e. Again not what DD wanted to hear. Probably not what any of us would like to hear. So it was a good session. DD bought a frozen latte at Dunn Brothers on the way home.

DD ate lunch and then took a three hour nap. She was worn out. Lc3 and her did a few things and then watched TV. Then DD sat on the deck with her Kindle and ate dinner out there. She enjoyed that. She came in to get some more water and I think one of the dogs enjoyed a piece of her pizza while she was inside.

Dh played golf all afternoon. Tomorrow I need to go by some canned cat food for Twillow. I tried two cans on him earlier this week and he let me know he wasn’t happy he wasn't getting any now.

Sleep well friends.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
I'm doing Botox again on the 3rd. She said that if I should have as severe side effects as I did last time that there are treatments she can do in the office. She can give me a shot there instead of having to go to the ER, or there is a 3 day medication I could try to stop the migraines. She also said that we can skip the injections near the hairline on the forehead to prevent the eye drooping that I experienced last time. So, here's hoping for no severe side effects like last time. She said I was the only patient that she has ever had with those kind of side effects. Lucky me!! :)