Garden party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Yesterday a friend of mine had a garden party, but not the normal kind. Instead of a tea party in the lovely flowered garden, all the moms showed up with their kids and grandkids and they had a container planting party. Some of the men had made planters earlier and the ladies bought flower packs, this was all set up out on the picnic tables and there were bags of potting soil. What great memories they made with their Ds and GDs Definately going to be a part of my mothers day next year. I am thinking if I do this on Sat of the week-end, having the guys bar-b-q for supper, then Sunday will be clear for them to stay home with their family or to go to the other side with less rushing AND my husband can take me out on Sunday after church. If I can pull it off, I think I will invite the outlaws (my in-laws parents) that live close enough and have a really big bash. Great fun and stretch out the day into the week-end. lol.

Last edited:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
What fun, GrammyK! What a wonderful way to celebrate the weekend and leave with something very wonderful! I think it would be a fantastic thing to do next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a lovely idea. I will store this idea away in my notebook

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Great idea! That's one I want to remember, too! I see my female friends often, but our husbands are rarely included, and frankly, don't know each other very well. This would be a great way to get together. Thanks for the idea, GrammyK!