Getting in Shape for Christmas 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I’m trying to do some stretches and easy yoga and 3 lb weight arm exercises most mornings. Hard to start but if I do, I feel good afterwards. At my age, I felt I was loosing muscle strength.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Off to the basement to get on the treadmill. Increasing my time today. Need to find something fun to listen to. I’ve had a head ache all day but I’m going to do it any ways. Making myself accountable to all of you!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Well I put my help with the therapist and dietician on hold till after the election. They called me into work this time really early and I was immediately working 11 and 12 hour days and there just isn't enough time for me to do appts even remotely and to do proper food prep, so at this point I'm doing the best I can to maintain and have been successful and will resume in 2 weeks when I"m done and the election is behind US ALL..lol I did weigh in though and I told my daughter that if I get through all this at the same weight I was when I started, that alone will be success. I really just want to eat my way through the stress daily, but I'm trying not to. So far it's been a success!!!!! I haven't been "excercising", but I've been running training sessions and simulations, so I've been on my feet ALL DAY GOING!!!! That has to help.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
Glad to read the posts this week since I'm getting back on my better eating program after my DD wedding. I'm really bad at throwing leftover food out, even when I know it's full of sugar and bad carbs. So today I'm determined to clean out the refrigerator and shop for healthier food!:)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
So we're now all in shape for Christmas, right? If not, we still have a week and a half left!

My weight popped up a few pounds last week, so I'm being more vigilant this week.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Alas, stress eating or not eating since early November. Added 5lbs. 3 came off okay but still grieving and hard to choose the right foods when you are looking for comfort. Knowing what mom went through I have to loose this weight!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Colossal fail for me which is SO embarrassing considering I start this topic back in June! I'm blaming COVID-19 50% and my sheer lack of will power for the other 50%. When I found out Vic wasn't able to come home in the summer, and then not for Christmas either, it just sent me on a comfort eating spiral.

I'm committed to getting back on track for 2021.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Here's my story.

I have lost 20 pounds since last September. No diet, no giving up anything. Just eating a bite or two less at each meal. If I'm eating tacos I will eat one without cheese. I have cheese on the others. I have discovered this was much easier than I thought and I discovered I like tacos without the cheese.

I started this after talking to my Sleep Apnea doctor at Mayo. He said no I do not have Sleep Apnea so that was good. He very gently said if I lost some weight it would help my health. He said even a pound or two would be great. No pressure to diet or give up anything. Was such a nice way of putting how to lose weight so I did it. First doctor who ever made a sensible weight loss plan. I was in full control of what I ate and what I would not eat. I did not change what I fix for meals or what sweets I eat. Just a mouthful less.
I am now up to a 25 pound weight loss without feeling I am doing without anything. No increase in exercise which i really wasn’t doing anyway.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have not been doing anything with being so sick this year and without energy. Now that I've got the ok from the doctors they told me to start again... I was doing so well before... 45 min 3 X a week at the gym and a few times of stretching at home. with covid = no more gym, then my feet started hurting again so stopped walking and then sickness... pffffff not going well.

So I've restarted very slowly last week. I found this easy 15 min. stretching... it stretches all the spots that are feel are tight. No talking, just quiet music which is perfect when I wake up in the morning.
15 Min. Full Body Stretch | Daily Routine for Flexibility, Mobility & Relaxation | DAY 7 - YouTube

Have also been watching a few videos like this. Good ideas
MEAL PREP | 9 ingredients for flexible, healthy recipes + PDF guide - YouTube

Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I made my goal. However, I am finding it more difficult to get out for the longer walks since the time change. I'm doing short walks but I think I need to either get up earlier for the longer walks or get out twice - once before breakfast and once during my lunch break. Regardless, I have to rethink when I'm going to get my exercise in for the next few months. I've seen a difference in my motivation when I don't exercise first thing in the morning and put it off.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
... I think I need to either get up earlier for the longer walks or get out twice - once before breakfast and once during my lunch break. Regardless, I have to rethink when I'm going to get my exercise in for the next few months. ...
I'm with ya! I go out an walk my dog several times a day, but it's a leisurely stroll and not getting my heart rate up. Need to figure out how I'm going to get that AND get him walked + everything else that needs to be accomplished. Maybe Santa needs to make a stop at the used exercise equipment store.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
There's a lot of variety of exercise videos available on youtube. I kind of multi-tasked a bit on Wednesday. I wanted/needed to do a workout but had so much to do around the house. DH wasn't home, so I turned on a walk video (Leslie) really loud so I could hear it all over the house and marched to the beat as I went around the house picking up (doing squats when I needed to pick something up off the floor, etc.) and even did a tiny bit of vacuuming. I actually got a pretty good workout in.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did not do very well at all with weight loss this year, I have sort of maintained though so that it is plus.

I will need to be mindful of weight in 2021 as DD gets married in October and I know it will be here very quickly. I have bought a dress and will need to loose about 10 kilos to fit in it and be comfortable through the day.