Getting in Shape for Christmas 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Mary- What is in your green smoothie? I have a lot of frozen fruit that I would like to use up and was thinking smoothies for breakfast.

Diedra- I was taking a break from work almost every day and going to Burger King for a medium diet coke. Most of my co-workers go for a Starbucks. Not me. It was diet coke. The guy running the drive through knew me and I thought, "This is out of control."

On June 1st I cut that out as well. I am now drinking a gallon of water most days.

Your body does adapt to it and you are not in the bathroom all the live long day.
My skin feels like butter, it is so soft.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pushing myself to walk just a little further each day. Have added to my to do list to walk at least 4 times this week. Started to really watch portion sizes yesterday and am trying to add more water. Wearing my fitbit again as a reminder to keep at it.

Loving all the hints and comments here, they all help.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This is all so inspirational. I just need to get back on track with sticking to my meal plan for the week. It's hard when I'm cooking for just me, and I've gotten into a bad habit of "grabbing" a prepared meal (of what I planned, most often) rather than scratch cooking, where I KNOW the amount of added fat and sodium that goes into it. I've also been skipping salads and vegs, when I KNOW I need them to stay healthy. Hold me accountable, ladies!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
It's great to read every one's stories and seeing different things work for different people.
I did Weight watchers and dis well in it. I liked it, because like Diedra said, I didn't give up stuff but made better choices. But I quit doing and kept paying. I have kept some of the things I learned but put on the weight making bad decisions. I can be a emotional eater. I found I track bites that is $20 for the year vs mostly and has a plan similar to WW.
For now this is my goal
1. Breakfast of eggs (hard boiled, or omelet with veggies)
2. Work is what ever chef makes (because it's portion control or salad. What I need to avoid in the cafe is pizza, burgers, fries etc.
They have healthy snacks, I just need a sweet choice so I don't get cookies at lunch.
3. Home is my hard points. At night I don't have meals planned usually. I made bad choices and want to snack. A lot! I need to start planning dinners and get some better snack choices.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What I am finding that helps the most is planning, planning, planning.
Meal planning speaks for itself. If you plan the meals and have the ingredients you will cut down on impulse buys and bad choices. You can even meal prep and freeze to make life easier.
Plan your water, a glass full on the hour.
Plan walks/exercise. Don't let other things stop you. Tell the family that I am exercising for 45 minutes at ??? time and just do it
Plan snacks. Have them prepared. If you like sweets, portion them out to allow you to have a treat but not overindulge.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Katrina- I couldn't agree more!
Our society is set up for fast and junk food and if you don't have a plan, it's very hard to eat healthy!

Annie

Reactions: jampss

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My journey is a forever process I've decided. But what I do know is that when I meal plan, things are so much better. When I'm rushed, don't have my meals planned and shopped for, I just go to default quick and easy comfort food.

I started Weight Watchers again after a very LONG period off (like 12 years) and really like the 0 point option foods. Ultimately my goal is to eat whole foods and this encourages that. I just need to track. I did for a full month and not so much this past month when things got crazy busy. So my goal for this week, is to get to a meeting in the morning and start logging what I eat. Good or bad...JOURNAL MY FOOD!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Weighed in today and have lost 1.6 kgs (3.5 lbs) since Sunday. Walking everyday is certainly helping plus being very mindful of what I am eating. I am planning every meal through the day. Still got 7.4 kilos to lose to reach my goal weight.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I was sidelined during covid with all my teeth and jaw issues. Trying to take off the weight that I put on since I was so inactive.

I am back on the treadmill and elliptical. I do a total of 4 miles a day between the 2 everyday.

I am struggling with my eating habits. I get easily off track by pretty much anything. I have always been a emotional eater so that doesn’t help. I do good for a few days then I fall apart again. My worst time is after dinner. My husband munches all evening so it’s hard for me. I’ve started fixing healthy snacks ( fresh veggies etc) that are ready to eat so I’m not eating garbage.

We both always bring home half our meals when we eat out. Trying to keep my water intake up ( that also helps with my vertigo issues). And decrease my coffee intake. I’m fixing smaller meals so we are not tempted to over eat at meals. I hope I’ll start seeing some weight loss soon.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Myron's Mom- I heard this as a suggestion for when you are snacking all evening. You announce out loud, "The Kitchen is Closed!"
This can apply just to you so you're not killing your DH's mojo.

I"ve tried it a couple times and it is strangely effective. Hahahahahahah

Like I've said, I have to play mind games with myself. :p

So excited to see MinnieCo here!
Katrina- Congrats! PROUD of you!

Annie

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My first goal is 5 pounds away. I lost the first 5 when I did the sugar fast.
Well done. Can you explain more about the sugar fast please?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you, interested to read all about it. I don’t think I consume a lot of sugar but it is all the hidden stuff that adds up.

Reactions: jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I think I will concentrate on stretching this month. do not move enough and am hurting everywhere.

I've found this guy on pinterest:
(21) Pinterest
Justin Augustin

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've been tracking what I eat everyday for the past several days and will continue. I definitely don't eat enough and not the right foods either. My nutrition is terrible. I'm consciously working on upping my water intake, daily goal is 48 oz for now but if I reach that then I try to add another 24 oz.

I was researching the best diets, and by diets I mean ways of eating, for PCOS. I have gained 12-15 pounds in the past 7-9 months and I shouldn't be gaining any. I haven't changed anything so I think i'm in a PCOS flare-up. Something has changed in my body and with the meds i'm on that shouldn't be happening. I can't pinpoint anything without bloodwork and a doctor that's willing to do the legwork so i'm going to try to tackle with diet and exercise first. However in someone with PCOS losing weight is next to impossible due to the chemical aspects of how the body works and insulin resistance, in my case anyway. I do plan on making an appointment with my new doctor soon.

In the meantime, i'm going to really try to:
  • cut out processed, unnatural sugar (I will still eat fruit because I eat next to none now and I need to add in healthy foods so keeping it in moderation will not be hard for me)
  • eat more vegetables
  • eat more unprocessed food
  • get more protein in my diet
  • up my water intake significantly
  • add in exercise (30 minutes daily, plus nightly walks)
  • go back to adding collagen daily (I add it in my coffee)
We'll see how it goes...it will be a struggle and learning process and I won't be hard on myself if I slip. It's a lifestyle change that will take time, but one that it's time I took seriously.