Getting in Shape for Christmas 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Great suggestions and motivation for me!!! I became intrigued with the anti inflammation diet about a year ago......and when i cut way back on sugar, yep..... my joints were not as achy.......I put honey in my coffee like my Polish grandma did.

I have also heard we should sip on water with a small amount of apple cider vinegar in it all day long.......helps with weight loss, helps to stabilize sugar and I heard it helps with leg cramps in the night, it has helped me with that but maybe just the getting up and walking helped too!!

Laurie

"JOY"

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
.......another additive to avoid is corn syrup in food.....we probably have noticed alot of food labels say "no corn syrup added" I read that it is horrible for us and has been used over the years because it is cheap for manufacturers to add. Hence the "no processed foods" I guess our bodies don't know how to process it and it just builds up.....yuck!

Laurie

"JOY"

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I joined WW a year ago May, and have lost and kept off about 26lbs. For me though maintaining has definitely been more of a struggle then actually losing the weight. I definitely need to work on getting all of my water in for the day and also curb the mindless nighttime snacking! We leave on Monday for NJ for 2 weeks, I plan on tracking and eating well, let's hope I don't stray too far!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
have also heard we should sip on water with a small amount of apple cider vinegar in it all day long.......helps with weight loss, helps to stabilize sugar and I heard it helps with leg cramps in the night, it has helped me with that but maybe just the getting up and walking helped too!!
I have really upped my water intake but have not heard of adding apple cider vinegar. Interesting. I will look into this more as it seems such an easy thing to do.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So I try and do aqua fit classes 2x on Tuesday and Thursdays. This morning I woke up late, was rushing out the door and was stopped in my tracks from some ants that had lined my front window. Needless to say, I had a full day ahead and knew if I didn't take care of that whole situation in the moment it wouldn't be good, so I missed swimming this am. Then I was volunteering at a friends who runs a community garden. Well after pulling weeds and some BIG weeds for 3 hours, I didn't feel so quilty about not swimming this am. Then at 4 the storm clouds were coming in hard core, I knew that meant swimming tonight outside would probably be cancelled, so I said what the heck and grabbed the lawn mower and did my back yard. It's not easy task out there because it's alot of weeds and WET weeds. We've had rain for weeks, so underneath it's just wet. I had to dump the bag on the mower like 6 or 7 times so it wouldn't get to heavy for me to lift. SOOOOOOO again, I ended my day with NOT quilt because I did "NATURAL" exercise today..lol

Also yesterday at Weight Watchers I lost my first official "5 pounds" there. That was nice to celebrate, but what I'm really looking forward to is after I loose 6 more pounds I'll actually be at the 75 pound mark. Now it's been alot of up and down for the past 7 years to get to this 75 pound loss, but I'll take it!!! I think when I reach that 75 pounds, I'll be able to reset my mind and go with the WW figures. I just can't do it yet...lol I know long term WW will get me to the 100 and 125 loss mark I need to get to, but I've worked hard for that 75 dang it, 11 won't sound as good.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Down 1.5#. Although I had a couple of luncheons out this week, I made it a point to order a chopped salad instead of something fried. Still a long ways to go, but it's a start.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm down 5 lbs this morning. Not sipping on that tea all day has made a huge difference, as well as watching my carb intake and upping the fiber. Let's hope it keep dropping.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
i'm going go back to adding collagen daily (I add it in my coffee)
I have heard of this. The Keto Coffee lady speaks of this. I haven’t tried it. Where do you buys yours?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Incredible work by everyone this week. I lost another 1 kilo so steadily going down. Need to keep going, that is the key. If you have a bad day/week/month don't give up. Take a big breath and get back to it.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have heard of this. The Keto Coffee lady speaks of this. I haven’t tried it. Where do you buys yours?
You can get it at Target or Walmart. I was using Ancient Nutrition but they started only making it protein now and it makes me gassy. So now I'm going to try Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and see how that does. There are many different brands out there. Walmart seems to be cheapest.

Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary- What is in your green smoothie? I have a lot of frozen fruit that I would like to use up and was thinking smoothies for breakfast.
I try to limit my sugars so this is not sweet. I use 1 cup of frozen spinach or frozen kale and blend that with water of non-fat milk. Then I add 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries or frozen strawberries. Sometimes I add in 1/2 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt for protein. Other times I add in 2 tbsp. of chia seeds or 3 tbsp. of milled flax seeds. I blend them in stages until they are smooth.

From experience, I would not add frozen raspberries or frozen blackberries. You will be slurping up seeds the entire time. Just eat them frozen from the bag.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Myron's Mom- I heard this as a suggestion for when you are snacking all evening. You announce out loud, "The Kitchen is Closed!"
LOL! My mom used to do that. After dinner dishes were done, the kitchen light was turned off. We didn't go in the kitchen.

I got in a lot of walking this week and I am happy with my eating. I had two splurge meals with friends and family - the first in months. I forgot to weigh myself last week so I will do that for tomorrow and track for next week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sunday here, just popped on the scales not too much difference. Maybe my body is catching up, I don't know, Anyway determined to keep looking forward and working hard to get where I want to be.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I try to limit my sugars so this is not sweet. I use 1 cup of frozen spinach or frozen kale and blend that with water of non-fat milk. Then I add 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries or frozen strawberries. Sometimes I add in 1/2 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt for protein. Other times I add in 2 tbsp. of chia seeds or 3 tbsp. of milled flax seeds. I blend them in stages until they are smooth.

From experience, I would not add frozen raspberries or frozen blackberries. You will be slurping up seeds the entire time. Just eat them frozen from the bag.
Yes, this is about my smoothie, too. I do 1 C water or almond milk, handful frozen kale (I just pop the whole bag right in the freezer), 1/2 banana, 2T peanut butter (almond butter), 1 T chia/flax or both, 1T shredded coconut, any other frozen fruit I have (watermelon, peach, srtawberries, blueberries, mango). And sometimes ... some cocoa powder! Or maybe a dash of vanilla. Sometimes plain Greek yogurt if I have it. I never make it the same everyday ....

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Mary- Thank you for the smoothie recipe. As soon as my challenge is over at work, I'm making smoothies.
Right now I am sautéing spinach and cherry tomatoes every morning to go with egg whites. As veggies is part of our challenge.

My mom was the same- once the kitchen was cleaned, she would get so mad if we went in after and even got a glass of water.
All us kids laugh about it!

Annie

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Nope, nada, zilch lost this week. I'll point the finger at the sodium-laced snacks over the 4th. I was not disciplined and I know I'm retaining water. Back on it -- and hard -- next week.