Getting in Shape for Christmas 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Back on it -- and hard -- next week.
Lori, I did not lose this week either. When I think on it I was not as disciplined as I have been, had two lunches and other assorted things. I have come too far to give up so it is time to straighten the crown and get back to it. Let's hope for a better week.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I lost two pounds! I didn't see that coming. I ate one serving per meal. I kept "snacking" to a minimal. I added in some weights this week too.

Something else I did - I refused to have a pity party because I couldn't eat the foods that other's can eat. I can feel upset and then stuff my face with junk that will ultimately end my life sooner than I want OR I can eat smaller portions and find better substitutes for off limit foods and give myself the opportunity to live a better, healthier life. And there will be those special days that I will allow myself to "splurge" but only if that special day is really worth it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
It is our last week of our health challenge at work.
The team I'm on is competing against another team in our building for the last week.

I really hope I continue with these habits. I am eating so many more vegetable servings and drinking 2 more bottles of water each day than I was- which has me up to a gallon a day! I am also working out most days BEFORE work- something I haven't been able to do but have been now since I don't want to let my team down.

Besides that, it has been super fun seeing what motivates people.

The coordinator lists who the top point earner is each week and everyone "chases" that person.

I don't come close in points but there is a gal on the other team in our building who I am hoping to catch this week!

Annie

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I tried to do Leslie this morning, but it kept saying the DVD player wasn't connected. I'm hoping DH checks today to see what was wrong and can fix it. He knows it's important to me, so may have done it. If not, I'll see what I can find online to do. I didn't think about that this morning.

I want to add some simple yoga to keep flexibility in the mix. Hope the simple movements of both will help me get off some weight.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I tried to do Leslie this morning, but it kept saying the DVD player wasn't connected. I'm hoping DH checks today to see what was wrong and can fix it. He knows it's important to me, so may have done it. If not, I'll see what I can find online to do. I didn't think about that this morning.

I want to add some simple yoga to keep flexibility in the mix. Hope the simple movements of both will help me get off some weight.
Leslie is on Youtube. I started here.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Scales are still not moving for me. I do not know why I am stuck. Will re evaluate tomorrow and see where I need to kick it up a bit and to get it moving again.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Katrina- Maybe try taking your measurements. Sometimes the scale can be a disappointment but our bodies are changing in other ways.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina- Maybe try taking your measurements. Sometimes the scale can be a disappointment but our bodies are changing in other ways.
Thanks Annie. That is good advice. I will ask DH to measure me. I have lost a little in my fingers, my wedding rings are very loose..
Maybe I am gaining muscle lol;)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
You all are inspiring!

That Health App on my iPhone that I forget about ... showed that I took some measurements last Jan 2021. So, I took them again today. Yikes ... up 9 lbs. Went from a 22.53 BMI in Jan to a 24.11 BMI today. :confused: So ........... drinking more water, moving more, and not ... emotionally eating (which I have been).

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
HI All!

Wanted to share a Youtuber a cw told me about.

Her name is: Aqua Jade-

An Aussie like our Dear Katrina.

She does dance videos to fun music. Every video has a theme.

She has: Mama Mia, Grease, Beach Boys, songs from the 50's, 80's, a bunch.

This morning I did the Grease ones- (there are 2) and the Beach Boys.

SO FUN! It does NOT feel like exercise.

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lucie- YES!!!
Excited to check these out!!!!

TFS!

Annie

• Haha
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
So excited to look at some of those videos. Once you see some movement on the scales exercise sort of becomes addictive.
The scales seem to be moving again. I think the problem may have been I was not eating enough!!! I know that seems ridiculous but I was trying to eat only one meal a day thinking it would help. Maybe my body was holding on to what it had. Any way am going to try eating 3 small well balanced meals and see what happens.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’m going to check out you tube. I’m faithfully getting my 4 miles in every day. I can almost do the entire 4 miles on the elliptical without dropping dead lol. Haven’t lost a pound. Still battling my food intake.
Starting my food diary again to see if that will help me.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lucie- Even though I just turned 40, I think the workout for women over 50 is going to be my new workout to ease me back into it. It looks like a very nice, but also challenging workout, but also not going to kill me. And there's Christmas music!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have not walked as much this week, the weather has been miserable. Hoping to get back to it very soon. I cannot say that I enjoy it but it is getting easier with time.

Reactions: jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Have not walked as much this week, the weather has been miserable. Hoping to get back to it very soon. I cannot say that I enjoy it but it is getting easier with time.
Katrina, If you can't get outside try Walking with Leslie on Youtube. It only requires a small amount of space to walk forward 2 steps or backwards 2 steps.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, If you can't get outside try Walking with Leslie on Youtube. It only requires a small amount of space to walk forward 2 steps or backwards 2 steps.
Jody, thank you. I have YouTube on the TV, I will look for this and try it tomorrow.