Getting in Shape for Christmas 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
407351CF-AF56-496D-B2A4-CDB6CCEC272C.jpeg

Using my phone apps to track my water ….. it’s hard to drink!! Whew!

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Weather still miserable here so this morning I got up early and did one of the Walk with Lesley videos on YouTube. 15 minutes and I felt really good about doing it.
Scales moved slightly this week, not a huge loss but is satisfying when you can see it going down week by week. Just got to keep doing what I am doing as it is working.
I hope that you all have a great week.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I maintained my weight this week. However, a pair of pants that I am wearing today seem a bit loser than they did last week. I didn't get out as much this week. It was just to hot and humid. I did keep up with water and I think I did well with portions.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got in to a pair of capris that I couldn't even pull up all the way a couple of weeks ago. I am seeing a change in shape. But I must confess I need to be more diligent with what goes past my lips. I really need to track what I am eating so I not eating mindlessly. Sounds like a menu is in order for the entire day and not just dinner.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sounds like a menu is in order for the entire day and not just dinner.
Jody, I have been doing this. If I know that dinner is going to be a bit heavier I make sure that breakfast and lunch is lighter. I am planning snacks if I have them. Preparing fruit in the morning and having it in the fridge is helping.
I am just be very mindful of what I am eating.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Love to see that so many are making progress. I went through this last year and, so far, have maintained my weight loss. I will attest to the many, many rewards, so keep up the good work!

Regarding water intake. I really do like water, especially ice cold water. I recently purchased a Contigo water bottle that keeps ice for 24 hours. I love it. When I take a sip, I try to remind myself to take 5 or 6 good gulps at a time. It helps with my intake. DD just makes sure when she goes to dring water, she drinks a whole glass at a time, not just a sip. I've also been making ice tea. The Good Earth caffine free Sweet and Spicy tea needs no additional sweetener. It's delicious as iced tea as well as hot tea.

You are all encouraging me to get back to my regular exercise routine! Thanks!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I got in to a pair of capris that I couldn't even pull up all the way a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like a menu is in order for the entire day and not just dinner.
Great job on the body change! I like the idea of including the other meals to the menu.

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I've also been making ice tea. The Good Earth caffine free Sweet and Spicy tea needs no additional sweetener. It's delicious as iced tea as well as hot tea.
That sounded so good, I had to look it up!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am nearly to my first goal. I wanted to lose at least 5 kilos but ideally 10 before the wedding. As of today I have lost 4.8 kilos since June 27th. Nearly there.

Jody, Lucie and Annie, thank you for posting the work out videos. Never thought of looking at YouTube but I think these videos will be my best friends. The weather is not cooperating at the moment so walking is nearly impossible.
I did a 'workout' with Lesley last night and it was quite the thing!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My team won the inner office health challenge!
We beat the other team handily.
Each team member really stepped it up!
Now to keep the habits going!!!!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My team won the inner office health challenge!
We beat the other team handily.
Each team member really stepped it up!
Now to keep the habits going!!!!
Congratulations Annie and team, what an achievement.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My first walk outside for this week, ( I have been working out at home). Amazing how quickly I have lost the knack of walking. Today was harder than it has been for ages, shows that for me consistency is the key.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Same here. I was doing really well with my YouTube exercising ... then I went to my wonderful five days at my dad's ... and then coming back home ... I"m being lazy with getting back into it. I think it's just the way I roll. Exercising has always been this way for me. Do it well, sort of drop off, do it well, sort of drop off ......

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Since I pushed so hard with the work health challenge, this week, I have relaxed.
Whoa- what a difference in my energy level. When I get some movement before work- I am alert and energized all day.
No exercise before work this week- tired and slogging through the days.

Time to get back to it! Exercise is like a magic pill for me and I must take it! It is the answer for me.

Annie

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am fine when my week is routine, throw in anything different and I struggle. I worked 4 days this week and had little time to exercise, my body and the scales are noticing the difference. Will be working extra for at least 1 more week maybe 2 so need to come up with a plan.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
If I am to believe my scales (which can be a bit iffy) I have reached my first goal which was to lose 5 kilos. I am pleased with that.
Now I have to lose the next 5. Need to really be mindful, exercise and just keep going. The hardest thing for me is not thinking that I can relax and let old habits sneak in.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
If I am to believe my scales (which can be a bit iffy) I have reached my first goal which was to lose 5 kilos. I am pleased with that.
Now I have to lose the next 5. Need to really be mindful, exercise and just keep going. The hardest thing for me is not thinking that I can relax and let old habits sneak in.
Awesome Katrina. You got this. I am 2 lbs away from my first goal of 10 lbs. Hoping I will meet that goal this week.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Katrina and JoDee- Proud of you both!

Keep going!

Annie

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Awesome Katrina. You got this. I am 2 lbs away from my first goal of 10 lbs. Hoping I will meet that goal this week.
Jody, that is wonderful. It is nice to see the hard work paying off. Keep at it!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul