Getting in Shape for Christmas 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My main goal at this point is to create awareness of what and how much I'm eating so I can readjust my eating habits to stay within that goal.
This is what I have been doing, mindfulness, awareness. For example, this afternoon I am attending a meet and greet for the new practice. I know that there will be drinks and nibbles. I have eaten a very light breakfast and have planned tuna and salad for dinner. If I over indulge at the meet and greet I should be OK for dinner. If I do OK at the meet and greet it is a bonus.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jane and Katrina- That is a very sensible and do-able approach!

Annie

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Mary, thank you. Good on you for doing so well with your therapy. I think you mentioned starting a section for general health next year. Keen to help set something up.

Michelle, will send a friend request if that is OK, I am very interested in following your journey.

Annie, I love your goal for 2022, consistency is the perfect word. One of my biggest fears is putting the weight back on post wedding so will need a lot of strategies, mindfulness and support for that not to happen. I cannot get back to where I was.
absolutely. I'll be on the lookout.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Hi all.
Wanted to report that since I have been preparing for this stair climb, finally, I feel I am getting somewhere.
Just yesterday I felt my fitness level improving.
I don't want to let that go so I want to still do the stairs a couple of times a week for as long as I can. The town where the stairs are gets snowy and will get dark super early in the winter. But for the next month, at least, I can still do it a couple of times a week.

Also, was thinking, in 2021, it is the most I have exercised in a long time but I'm hit and miss. I'll do it for a month or so, then stop for a couple of months, then start again.

My goal for 2022 is: CONSISTENCY. For eating and exercising.

So glad to see MinnieCo here. Congrats on your health changes!!!

And to everyone who is putting in the work to live a healthy and fit life!

Annie
Consistency is a good start. That will lead to big changes. Making each step a part of your normal routine really is key.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Popping in to say,
Katrina- You looked wonderful in your dress for Tahlee's wedding. You could really see your hard work!

Proud of you and everyone here making changes to better their health.

Annie

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Popping in to say,
Katrina- You looked wonderful in your dress for Tahlee's wedding. You could really see your hard work!

Proud of you and everyone here making changes for the better for their health.

Annie
Annie, thank you. I really appreciate everyone’s help and support, it made all the difference.

Now I need to keep my mind on continuing the work and not letting things slide. Got to keep moving and reach that next goal.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Also stopping in to say Hi. I haven't had time to get to the pool with election season being in full swing, so my focus has been on food. Election season makes it hard becuase they have so many snack foods around and I just don't buy those at home. But I did allow some candy here and there and made sure to bring a good supply of my own food, so I don't leave starving and be tempted. So far it's worked. My official number is now 97. 4 lost. I'm 2.6 pounds away from my current goal. I've got a couple more weeks and with halloween and election day this week I'm shooting to simply maintain and then I'll have another 2 weeks to loose those 2.6 pounds which I don't think will be an issue. I really don't want to plan on a loss during december, but being 6 pounds away from being out of the 200's may keep me on the right track to loose more...BUT we'll see. I'll also be back in the pool in a few weeks...which I miss a ton when I'm not. When It's slow at my desk and I'm bored, I've been getting up and doing my stretches. I figure why not...at this point, I don't care what people think. haha

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
When It's slow at my desk and I'm bored, I've been getting up and doing my stretches. I figure why not...at this point, I don't care what people think. haha
I've had to do physical therapy for the last 3 months. I've had some super busy days when I wondered how could I do the stretches that needed to be done to continue the progress. I started to incorporate it into my daily routine and it became easier. Like waiting for the coffee to brew allows me to do leaning stretches against the counter. Or sitting in a chair waiting for a work response via email, I'm doing stretches or pumping my legs. Anyhow, I could relate to not caring what people think. In my case, my family was concerned that something was wrong because I was leaning on the counter for so long and not moving. :D

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Mary, you just reminded me about an incident at work. I was having some spasms from doing a bunch of lifting and I went in my office space and laid down on the floor to do some stretches. well at that exact moment one of the bosses was reviewing the video tapes and seen me laying on the floor. She called my direct boss and they basically ran in to see if I was okay. I'm like yeah...JUST STRETCHING..hahahaha I'm like TIMING is EVERYTHING!
I've had to do physical therapy for the last 3 months. I've had some super busy days when I wondered how could I do the stretches that needed to be done to continue the progress. I started to incorporate it into my daily routine and it became easier. Like waiting for the coffee to brew allows me to do leaning stretches against the counter. Or sitting in a chair waiting for a work response via email, I'm doing stretches or pumping my legs. Anyhow, I could relate to not caring what people think. In my case, my family was concerned that something was wrong because I was leaning on the counter for so long and not moving. :D

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Great job Michelle on the weight loss.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
She called my direct boss and they basically ran in to see if I was okay. I'm like yeah...JUST STRETCHING..hahahaha I'm like TIMING is EVERYTHING!
ROFLOL! Oh, my, gosh... That is hysterical! I needed that laugh. :D

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am needed to get back to this. I have not really put in much effort since the wedding in October, my motivation has gone. With not walking (partly due to the weather, partly laziness) and with entertaining and Christmas treats in the house, my weight has crept up slightly. Not alarmingly so but enough to make me rethink and want to get back to things. Do not want to slide too far back.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ That's me, too. We were visiting relatives over the long weekend. I didn't gain as much as I had feared and am less than 1 lb. over the weight I was when we left, although that was still a few pounds higher than I would like. It's really the time of year we need to be extra vigilant, though.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
We are doing another health challenge at work. Last week did not go so well for me.

Need to get back to it. Why is it so hard to just keep going??

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
The Minimal Mom talks about Eating a Frog ... first. In other words, do the thing you don't want to do on your To Do list FIRST, then it feel so good to get that off your list. My To Do List has a Frog of ... exercise! Why is it so hard to do, is right! UG!!! Some people say they look forward to exercising ... that's not me! LOL I guess I will never feel that way if I haven't yet in all these years. I mean, I just barely do some stretches and walking (both YouTube) ... but when I'm done, I am happy I MADE myself EAT that FROG! LOL But to start it ...ug ... the hardest part they say is the starting of a thing. I guess I feel that there are so many other things needing my attention than to spend thirty minutes gyrating around!! LOL But I do actually feel better afterwards ... physically and mentally. Why oh why this love hate relationship with exercising?! I have been all over the place this year. Gee, January 2021 I was looking pretty good. I also had started the Whole 30 in January for a month ...... Hmmmmmmmmmm ....

weight.jpg

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jampss- I'm with you with the exercise relationship.

the only reason I did it at work was because dh dropped me off way too early to start work! but since I've be in teletravail it's all gone wayward - have to admit I was quite sick for awhile and could not do anything and doctor recommended not doing anything for quite awhile. Now I could but everytime I do something feels like I hurt another part of my body.. I now perseverance should do it.
I did do 15 minutes of stretching this morning and I will try to go for a walk , maybe at noon. I'd go in the morning but it's quite dark out, no sidewalks and kind of dangerous. I did buy walking lights but they are in my stocking for Christmas ;)

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I wore my fit bit to work yesterday just out of interest. I walked just over 5 kilometres (around 7.500 steps) just at work. I think if I can do that at work and still get out once or twice a week it will be OK. I do believe it is the snacking that is creeping in. DH and I were eating icecream several nights a week, there are some treats in the house which are tempting me. Will find the balance between having a treat (which is allowed) and not overindulging.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
JoDee- The health challenge is tracking the following:
Water- 1 point for every 30 oz
Exercise- 1 point for every 15 minutes
Vegetables- 1 point for every serving