Getting Ready For Halloween

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lots of time raking up leaves (and cleaning gutters) yesterday. Does that count as part of getting ready for Halloween?
None of the trees have changed color here, but there were tons of dead, brown leaves on the ground from the big trees around our house. A "smothered and dead lawn" is not the "look" I am going for in Halloween decorations. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll be looking at my Halloween notebook tonight.... I was doing so well... but now I feel I'm behind :hat:

VeronicaM

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
I'm working on some new decorations and I've gotten some really cute stuff at the Dollar tree for decorating and I'm hoping that I can head over to Yankee candle and pick up some of their Halloween stuff--so I've just got to decide when to put it all out.

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Last Saturday my son and I made our Halloween invitations for our Boo Bash. They are so cute...they did take forever though!

I decided I was going to print out the description for the party onto stickers and just put them in the inside of the card instead of writing on each one.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I picked up a big plastic cauldron from Michaels tonight, I plan on using it to hold the candy.

I also bought a wooden stake with a sign "TURN BACK NOW!" and a skeleton hand on the top, plan on making a dispaly for my bench using some artificial pumpkins, a raven, leaves and a planted mum.

At the check-out there was the BHG Halloween book, some excellent ideas for haunting my yard, and a great idea with a pumpkin, drilled holes and rats! (they where mice, but I think I will use rats lol)

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
Our dollar tree had labels for bottles all printed out....kind of like the ones Gingerbug had talked about....I think it was Gingerbug! LOL! The kind that say like Witches Brew, etc..... There were small ones, but they also had some that fit 2 liter bottles for your soda at parties, had to buy several, probably not as cool as homemade ones, but it will be a little easier...especially for me!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
cipalla said:
Our dollar tree had labels for bottles all printed out....kind of like the ones Gingerbug had talked about....I think it was Gingerbug! LOL! The kind that say like Witches Brew, etc..... There were small ones, but they also had some that fit 2 liter bottles for your soda at parties, had to buy several, probably not as cool as homemade ones, but it will be a little easier...especially for me!

My best friend told me she found some there too. Plus she found that torn fabric (like gauze or cheesecloth) at the dollar store too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Oh! wish they had those sticker for bottles here too! Darn! I'll try another dollar store just to make sure.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love the witch and cat templates from Martha!! They are printing now - going to present them to my husbands "honey, to-do list"!
:-D