Gift closet 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I did a lot yesterday. I got my Grandmother a half length dressing gown in a lovely festive red and sooo soft (she's bedridden so half length is perfect but very hard to find). I got my 1 year old niece a lovely outfit. I got my 4 year old nephew a set of cars and trucks to go with his book and (beanie hat if I finish knitting it). I got my 3 year old cousin an activity book and sticker set. I got my 7 year old cousin a baking book to go with a cake pops set. My 11 year old cousin is getting a nice set of PJs with some silly slipper socks. I got DH's aunt a collection of lavendar bits (bath bubbles, hand wash and hand and body lotion). DBro's DP is getting some nice slipper socks with furry tops. And I got a box of 60 jaffa cakes (to slip onto the tree) for DH and DD in the supermarket as well.

So I was very pleased with yesterday's purchasing. And in a break from the purchasing, I update my list over lunch, and was able to decide on most of the last bits and where to get those. So I don't have too much left to get or organise!!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I had a good shopping trip. I got DS slip on athletic sandals (I don't even know what the stupid things are called!), a pair of shorts, a camping utensil set, a set of lights for him to clip on his hat while camping/hunting and my mother-in-law a "green" skillet that she was asking for. For less than $25! 3 of the things I picked up for my son were just gifts I thought he would like, but one he requested, and my MIL requested the skillet. Yay us!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
everyone is doing so well.
i got DH 2 business shirts for a very good price, picked up a few little things for when i have dinner with some friends this week and have gotten the Kris Kringle gift for the work gift exchange. Feel as though I am on top of things this year.

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
I have several "greats" great nieces and nephews that is and all most all of them are toddlers. So this year I decided to simplify my shopping and buy p.j.'s, a book, and bath toys for all of the greats along with my two grandchildren.
So, I go to the store and buy two pairs footsie pajamas for all of them this weekend and decided to wrap them right away. My 5 year old grandson was here so I let him help, two hours later we are done. Well I put my grandchildren pajamas away to wrap later and when they left I pulled them out only to discover I had a size 3T stashed for the 5 year old grandson. So guess what I had to do? Yep, unwrap to find the switched p.j.'s! Some of us never get ahead.