Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Al of you are doing a great job ... We been out shopping but haven't found any must buys right now except for a few ornaments for the kids. So I will continue just to tuck money away in the Christmas Club.

Minta, I get money transferred to my Christmas Club every fortnight. It is a great saver for us as I never use my credit card for Christmas. Last year I did well and ended up with cash still in the account so am off to a good start for this year. One of the best things I ever did was open an account.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Stopped at local Hallmark store on my way home yesterday from work and their Christmas Ornaments are 75% off. Picked up a couple more for the kids to tuck away for next Christmas.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have no idea who it will be for but got an Ugly Christmas sweater for a man, size medium and a Christmas pj for woman size XS online at walmart.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up a really nice salad serving set at Tuesday Morning yesterday - will be part of a Salad Fixin's Gift Basket for one of the BIL's and his wife this year.

Also got a little mini notebook in a decorative cover - mermaid design - for one neice. And a couple of dog toys for their stockings!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Payless was having a huge sale this week.. an additional 50% off the clearance prices. I got 4 pairs of boots for $40 (each were orginally priced for $45). 3 are for me and I am tucking 1 pair away for DD for Christmas.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, great pick up on the boots.
I picked up a Harry Potter sorting hat key ring for DD stocking yesterday. Was $15 down to $3. Would never have spent $15 on it.
DH was with me and when I told him it was for Christmas he just laughed.
3 pack of good quality men's socks were at the supermarket this week at 50% off so got a pack for both DH and DDBF, another gift for under the tree.

Reactions: Minta and luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Found a baking tips and basics cookbook at dollar tree. It is a nice collection of information for someone who isn't a experienced at baking. I got 5 of them to tuck in the gift baskets I'm making.
Toilet paper was a good deal at grocery store so I picked up 2 packs for my son. He would be disappointed if santa didn't bring him any for Christmas lol.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD and BF are moving in to their own apartment this weekend. For Christmas I am going to do them a laundry basket filled with cleaning supplies.
DW liquid, cloths, dishwasher tablets, toilet paper, paper towel, toilet cleaner, disinfectant etc. Anything I can think of that they will use. It will save them money next year on these items. Have the basket, just need to fill it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
DD and BF are moving in to their own apartment this weekend. For Christmas I am going to do them a laundry basket filled with cleaning supplies.
DW liquid, cloths, dishwasher tablets, toilet paper, paper towel, toilet cleaner, disinfectant etc. Anything I can think of that they will use. It will save them money next year on these items. Have the basket, just need to fill it.

I know they will love it! The bulk of my son's gifts is that type of stuff. Not unusual for me to get a text oct/nov about him running out of something and did "santa" have it on his list for him.

I went into hallmark yesterday and Christmas was 70% off. I found some nice mugs and a ornament for my husband. I wish I would have stopped in there sooner but I've pretty much stopped going because they are so expensive. The dollar tree had another nice cookbook. I picked up several for me and a couple for my cousin to give as gifts too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Myron's Mom. My kids are the same, their stockings are normally filled with things such as toothbrushes and paste, shampoo, razors etc. Just before Christmas DD was saying that she was getting short on something but didn't go and buy it because she thought it would be in her stocking. Glad it was in there!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went shopping yesterday and picked up a few things. Got DS 2 2litre water bottles that he uses for work and they were a good price. I will wrap those up for him to put under the tree. Got a few other things but mainly stocking fillers. Chap stick, bandaids (always go in mum's stocking) and drink concentrate powders are great stocking fillers to find at the supermarket.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking through the supermarket catalogues every week. They always have half price specials. Picked up DD a set of cookie cutters for 87c and a microplane for cooking at $3.00. Yesterday got some sparkly hairclips and elastics for 50% off. Got my mum a really nice set of thankyou cards for $2.00. On hindsight I should have got some for my stocking. I still write thank yous and they were nice. I will see if they still have them next week.
The stockings are my major thing. As I do 7 of them I need to pick up items all year round.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I enjoy reading everyone's finds. It makes me smile. :)

I found some Twining's Christmas Tea at the scratch and dent store. The boxes were in supermarket condition and the expiration date for the tea is 2021. The tea was $.75 a box! I picked up the last 4 boxes.

Reactions: luludou

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i like that tea
I found some Twining's Christmas Tea at the scratch and dent store. The boxes were in supermarket condition and the expiration date for the tea is 2021. The tea was $.75 a box! I picked up the last 4 boxes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

One of my friends covets that tea and every year tells us to keep an eye out for it. She even looks on ebay. I wont tell her about your find lol.