Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a major clean out of my wardrobe yesterday.. Next on my list is to really tidy the gift closet which is also in here. I want to check all the boxes, re label them, ensure they are taped and clean. I want to get the area just right so that it can be used to it's full potential. After all the gift closet has a very important job to do.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The tin baskets I saw at kohls finally came down in price and with my coupon and free shipping were within my budget. I ordered 8 but only getting 3. One I will give this year the other 2 are put back for 2020. I also got 5 pairs of cuddle duds socks (for cousins and girlfriends), my husband thinks I'm a bit nuts, but who doesn't love warm fuzzy socks!
My husband found a great deal on vaccum sealer bags so he picked up a couple of boxes for our son (and me).

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I also got 5 pairs of cuddle duds socks (for cousins and girlfriends), my husband thinks I'm a bit nuts, but who doesn't love warm fuzzy socks!

I always buy warm socks when I see them in Winter, they are a great thing to have in the gift closet.

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a Harry Potter mug yesterday for DH's younger cousin. She and our DD are big into Harry Potter so I am working on a Harry Potter themed basket for her for Christmas. They had a Harry Potter Reusable cup with a lid/straw too but I didn't have enough money with me yesterday so I will stop back at the store either later today or tomorrow and pick that up too.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i love warm socks i buy them for gifts too. i got a black handbag for my daughter today

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up 4 sudoku books for my brother. I have a pen that I will add and that is a gift for him. Picked up a few stocking fillers, hand soap and tea bags were 1/2 price today so the will go in the stockings.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked the reusable Harry Potter cup for DH's cousin and picked up a Harry Potter Mug for our daughter last night.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This a.m. I got some lego like sets on clearance at Dollar General. They had several different sets and went up to age 14. I am done with 3 great neices, 2 nieces, nephew, 1 great nephew and the other great nephew is half done.

Got some magnetic note pads and magnetic picture frames for either gifts or prizes for gifts or the give away basket.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana, I am thinking I need to visit Dollar General more. We live in an area where we have lots of choices within a few miles so Dollar General is not on my radar but with all the great finds you get I just may have to discover where they are.:)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lana, I am thinking I need to visit Dollar General more. We live in an area where we have lots of choices within a few miles so Dollar General is not on my radar but with all the great finds you get I just may have to discover where they are.:)
Dollar Generals are going up all over here. Use to be one in a town but the bigger towns like Mt. Vernon and Centralia each have 3 now. Ashley is getting one built now too. Should open in spring I heard.

Dollar Generals around here the stores have different stuff at times that others don't get.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wal-Mart at Mt. Vernon here has different girl hair clips, 4 pack bows. 1 big bow, some jewelry, and then pony tail holders and such on clearance for $2.00. Not sure if all Wal-Marts do or not.

Picked some up this a.m. and last night got a few for b'day gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are all doing incredibly well considering it is only early February. I sat and thought that I could slow down a bit and then I remembered how much I want to do and how quickly the time flies and said just keep going.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I was thinking the same thing! It is only February but, the year is flying by and at least for me, I always worry about those end of the year set backs- illness or what ever. So I'm going to keep going too.
I found some wood holiday boxes and trays (Trisha yearwood) on clearence at tractor supply. I got 4 boxes and 2 trays. Not sure when I'll gift them but they are in my stash.
Our grocery store will stop selling amazon gift cards after mid march. I hadn't planned on buying any so soon but I'll get what I need so I can get my fuel perks. Not sure if that's a chain thing or not.
Bought laundry soap and deodorant since it was on sale for our son. Now I need to update my lists.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Myron's Mom, I think that the boxes and trays sound wonderful, great find.
I am trying to buy all the non perishable stocking fillers really early this year so that I can concentrate on other things a bit closer to Christmas. Deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, hand soap, lip balm should all be good if picked up now.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Myron’s mom. The boxes and trays were a great find.
Katrina buying non perishable stocking stuffers throughout the year is a great idea. I am doing the same. Easier on the pocketbook that way.

Added some kid body wash to my gift closet today for the two youngest grandchildren.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Myrons Mom the boxes and trays sound nice. I haven't went into Tractor Supply for awhile. Normally I sit in the car while Allen gets the cat and dog feed. I do find stuff when I go in.

Great picking up a couple non perishable items when shopping to cut cost later. I like to get the tide pens for Jaymees stocking and the little tubes of hot oil treatment for hair. Sometimes blades for her razor (when I know what she is using). I am picking things up here and there for game prizes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana. I am certainly concentrating on the non perishables early this year. I find last year that there was a rush of all the things I needed to find for stocking fillers and I was a little panicked. Going to make life easier for myself.
I like the idea of the Tide pen. I have not seen those here but will keep an eye out.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I when to the drugstore that is just around the corner for an item I needed and decided to take a look through their little valentine gift section. Found some marvel lip smackers 8 pack. Thought about waiting till after the holiday to see if they would be marked home but as I search the shelves I notice that they only had two left so I grabbed one. This past Christmas I could not find children/Christmas design ones anywhere for the grandchildren.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a Harry Potter Recipe book for my daughter the other day. I am debating if I want to put it in her Easter basket or wait until Christmas.

Reactions: luludou