Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, I still have to get gift cards for DH. I have 2 but need to get a few more for him. He loves GC to the hardware store so will pop there in a few more days and get some more for him

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I wrapped 9 gifts and put them in the gift closet today. Ddil and I wrapped children's Christmas books for dgd to open 1 a day starting December 1st.​

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
im getting gc today from target walmart and barnes and noble for stocking stuffers

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I went through the gifts for the kids and updated my list. I have 1 kid almost done just need clothes and dvds and the other is more than half way done.

Last edited:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Back in May I had won a gift card from the yarn shop(if you don’t need a bag for your purchase your name goes into a draw) for a gourmet and gift store around the corner from the yarn shop. Stopped in yesterday while in the area and came home with some infused herd olive oil for DD gift basket and four chocolate mice for the DGC. They are in a cute little triangle shape box with a little bit of the story from the night before Christmas—‘Twas the night....not even the mouse’

Just need to get some plotted herbs and DD basket will be done.
The chocolate mice with the story sounds so cute!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a plan for wrapping the pillows I purchase for the family for Christmas. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/111604897003918156/ I am going to add the lightweight gloves and mittens you can get from the $Tree and put their gift card (Barnes and Noble) in one glove and the bookmark I made in the other glove. I will stitch them on as I don't want to get glue all over the pillow. This will some time but it also allows for lots of creativity to individualize them.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Some how I forgot to get my son some socks! Wouldn’t be Christmas without them. Found some at kohl’s along with some handkerchiefs for my husband.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a little shopping yesterday. Got DH a cooler that he has been looking at so that is now hidden in the spare room. Also got DH a book. Got DS another DVD set that he collects. I think I am still a little low on gifts for mum but will see once I have wrapped her gifts.
Got the chocolate advent calendars so that is now done.
Picked up a few little things that will be good for Christmas stockings for next year, a holiday activity book, one for me and one for mum.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going on a little retreat with my 2 girlfriends and plan on finishing up a ton of gifts. I have some signs I'm making and Pajama shirts and my Christmas cards. That will add a ton to the gift closet. Our oldest daughter is moving the family in February and wants gifts to remain small because they don't want to transport a bunch of toys and are already getting rid of a ton. So I've been instructed to buy small or more practical gifts. So the smart watches I mentioned earlier are perfect and I added added some polly pockets and some other small stuff and calling it good. I've basically got them covered, so that's a ton out of the way.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I picked up some winter gloves for my dd. Five brick and mortar stores that I have shopped in the past have closed down over the last few years. I was just looking at my old lists and it is a bit :eek: and :( .

I'm gearing up for the bulk of my shopping in three weeks. It's my favorite time. :D Some regular priced items that typically don't go on sale will be picked up before hand. Other things that most likely be on sale for Black Friday will be purchased that day. If I discover that I'm missing something afterwards, then I'll get it the first week of December.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished with the gift cards for DH so think I am done for gifts unless I see something that is a good buy.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered some trail mix online for my husband and some fresh pecans. Bed, bath, beyond has their holiday k cups on sale so I ordered some as a “me” gift. Will get gift cards Black Friday, a few household items that I need and stock up on cat litter.
Holiday Mom, I know the feeling lots of places have closed here. Many with in the last 12 months. The Tuesday morning I frequent is liquidating now. So sad.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I wonder what stores will be around when our grandkids have kids. I am not sure what came first, that people shopped online because there was not enough items in the stores or the stores did not stock items because people were shopping online. It is sad to go to the mall and see empty shops

Reactions: luludou

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
got some stocking stuffers last nite from target. waiting on gift cards .

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Received my gift cards in the mail and every one has the same error. The word YEAR appears after each recipient's name! Tom Smith Year, Bob Jones Year, Alice Brown Year...not sure what happened but I was afraid it could cause an issue with cashing them so I called the bank and they are reissuing the cards. I was able to change five of the six but Sophia had to call and change hers because she is not a minor. Darn, there went that surprise! Anyway, new cards are on their way.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, how frustrating, I wonder how they could have made such a mistake. Glad that the bank could re issue the cards.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Suggestions please,

DH father is unwell with Mesothelioma and probably will not be here too much longer. He spends most of his days in bed. He is hardly eating and doesn't go out of the house now unless it is to the hospital.
What can I possibly get him for Christmas???