Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The Katrina,
Maybe a family photo of his kids all together? Or at least all in one frame.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Love the photo idea! I don’t know the marriage “situation” but, would a framed wedding picture be appropriate?
Maybe new comfy sheets and pj’s all washed , ready to use.
If he likes music a small CD player that he could set on his night stand or even in the bed with him. You could get his favorite author on cd too if he is a reader.
Does he have a tv in his room?
My heart goes out to you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We decided that audio books and DVDs were a good choice. I got a few DVDs last night and have asked friends to send over any they are not wanting. I will pop into the op shop this week and see what they might have.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Suggestions please,

DH father is unwell with Mesothelioma and probably will not be here too much longer. He spends most of his days in bed. He is hardly eating and doesn't go out of the house now unless it is to the hospital.
What can I possibly get him for Christmas???
The male equivalent of a bed jacket? Sometimes your shoulders and arms get cold when you're sitting up and they are not covered. Is he reading? Watching TV? Listening to anything? Books, magazines, DVDs, a streaming service, audio books or music.

UPDATE: Sorry, I must not have been on the last page of the thread - looks like most of the things I suggested were already mentioned.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
UPDATE: Sorry, I must not have been on the last page of the thread - looks like most of the things I suggested were already mentioned.
Thank you Pamela. Although it is warming up here I do believe he does feel the cold, a light sweater and sox might be just the thing.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up some Burt's Bees sets from Meijer yesterday, and a cute dress for one of the girls in our adopted family, and a couple of big ole Nerf guns for the boys, lol

Got some Cliff Bars, Lara Bars, Gartorade and Beef Jerky for a bicycling theme gift basket I am working on (these are all things this person likes!)

I ordered a few more video games for DS, 1 will go in PJ Elves box, 1 for Christmas, 1 for his Feb birthday

More shopping to come later this week!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
While I was at my mom's in October I picked DD up a pair of earrings to go in her stocking from the big craft fair that goes on during Heritage Days.

I ordered a Treat Watermelon Lip Balm for someone, not sure who yet. It was going to be DD's but I don't think she'll like it afterall. Maybe Eli.

DH and I finally started shopping this past week. We picked up a Ubtech Jimu Robot Astrobot Series: Cosmos Kit/App-Enabled Building and Coding STEM learning kit for Eli, PJ's for all the kids from Mrs. Claus, slipper socks for DD and Eli (still looking for DS) that will also most likely be brought by the Elf so they can wear them all season, Harry Potter Book Set for DD.

I have picked up a weighted blanket for DS, 15 Days of Socks (Harry Potter and Minecraft) for DD and Eli (they don't make any that DS would like) that the Elf will bring, a toiletry bag for DH, manicure kit for DH.

I've ordered online a foldable worktable for DH, a new phone case for DD, and a rechargeable flashlight for DH.

I have a couple stores I need to visit in one of the malls for sure and need to check over my list to see if there's anything else I need to order online. Need to get things ordered now to ensure they get here. I also need to go to Harley and have them order something for DH's bike since the Harley website won't ship to Hawaii, they may have what I want in store.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got some Cliff Bars, Lara Bars, Gartorade and Beef Jerky for a bicycling theme gift basket I am working on (these are all things this person likes!)
I did DD BF a similar pack as he is a cyclist. I also added a cool towel, a microfibre towel that you wet and stays cool for hours, great for around the neck.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I did DD BF a similar pack as he is a cyclist. I also added a cool towel, a microfibre towel that you wet and stays cool for hours, great for around the neck.

These are great ideas! I just searched to see if there was a theme basket post and there is on under Gift Baskets. Can we add these items to that thread? :D

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have placed a few online orders today. I just received a necklace I ordered for dd from Etsy. A Vera Bradley order will come Friday. That will be a big surprise. Now to get to the mailbox or front porch before my dds do that day. I will be shopping and then wrapping when I get home.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We picked DD up a Harry Potter Tervis Tumbler today at Bed Bath & Beyond and DS a bar of soap (made by a local company), that has a dirty name, to put in his stocking. I also grabbed 9 pairs of socks for him, a 6 pack of Adidas and then a 3 pack of Under Armour.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I ordered a few fleece vests for my husband from kohl’s. Was going to wait for Black Friday thinking maybe the price would be a little better but fearful his size would be gone.
Has anyone started shopping for next year? I haven’t bought anything but saw somethings at Hartville I’ll pick up the day after Christmas or sooner if they start marking stuff down.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Has anyone started shopping for next year? I haven’t bought anything but saw somethings at Hartville I’ll pick up the day after Christmas or sooner if they start marking stuff down.
Not gifts as such, I will wait until after Christmas and see what I can find. I have started stocking fillers for next year. Got some activity books for Mum's stocking and just picked up deodorant for DD BF. It was 1/2 price. Got toothbrushes last week for 69c each so could not pass that up.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Not too much Black Friday stuff here. I found another vest at kohl’s for my husband while I was buying me a Instapot :rolleyes:. I also ordered a few movies online while I was waiting in my car for Joanne’s to open. And I got the rest of my gift cards. Today I bought a box of coffee for my son that he tried here thanksgiving and really liked. Dollar tree had a huge shipment of movies so I got husband another pile of them. I am done shopping for this year anything else I get is now for next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am done shopping for this year anything else I get is now for next year.
This is where I am at. Christmas 2019 is done and what ever I get now will be put away for birthdays and Christmas 2020. Hoping to get a good start over the next few weeks. I am particularly looking for stocking fillers as that is the thing that takes the most effort for me.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I did order clothes online from Kohls during the BF sale - for me, for adopted family and for DS. Great deals and I still have $15 Kohls cash to use this week.

I went to Meijer 3 times over the week for various sales they were having - got some clothes and toys for adopted family (plus things for us, various grocery sales, etc.) Also got a new carpet cleaner!!! We had loaned ours to DMIL and it did not come back working {sigh} - she is harder on things like that than anyone I've ever known, LOL

Ah well...life goes on...

I also have been to Target a few times...got some of the things DS picked out...mostly small items for Advent or stocking - plus Black Panther "claws" that you wear - he really liked those!!!

Will be picking up various items from this week's grocery shop to add to stocking for DH and to finish up the various gift baskets I've been working on!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I "think" I am done shopping for the family. I've been doing a spreadsheet for the last few years to help me stay within the budget. It has been working nicely for me. This year I tweaked it some more and I'm real happy with it. I can not tell you how many times I've misplaced a gift or thought I ordered a gift or I meant to buy the gift but put it back with the idea of getting it when it was on sale. So far, this has been working.

I have the gift idea with a question mark if it is not bought. I "paint" all the gifts red. Once it is bought the ? is deleted. If the item is bought online, then I color code it blue. When it arrives, I remove the blue. Next to the item is the cost. Once the gift is wrapped, then I remove the "red paint." When all the blue and red is removed, then I know that I'm done. Below is an example:

upload_2019-12-6_16-9-10.png

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, what a clever way of doing things.
I am still a paper planner girl which I love but am always looking at how other people do their lists.