Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I need to order the Pyrex with the cats as a gift for me.

Ive been trying to do some shopping when I go out but I’m not having much luck. Nothing for my husband. The only things I got this week and last for my son is toilet paper, shampoo, body wash and a bottle of wine.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I love seeing all the decorative Pyrex, but I never buy any. So cute!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went to the supermarket today and found a yogurt maker, not sure who I will gift that to. I also saw that a 4 pack of Pepsi glass bottles was on sale for 2.90 but the use by date was September, DS loves Pepsi Max so thought that that might be a good gift for him. He is 32 but I could write on the tag that it was from Santa. I think he would like that. I will add it to the shopping list for later in the year.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Bought my son a golf shirt at kohl’s. I found another copy of the movie “Last Hero’s of D Day “ at dollar tree for him. I had got one for my husband and he loved it. It’s done by the BBC and has interviews of survivors. My husband was pretty choked up over some of the interviews. Great for a history buff! I also finished buying his toilet paper!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Gift cards for my son since I got bonus grocery points for them. I may go back next week for a few more since the special is still going on.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Our supermarket offers a rewards system too. 2000 points equals $10. I have $10 on my card that I can redeem off a shop.I save the points and use them for Christmas time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Shopping yesterday yielded a few more items for the gift closet.
I got my Mum a set of 4 glass storage dishes similar to Pyrex. She thought that they would be useful. I got a few stocking items, Micellar cleansing gel for DD, toothpaste for DFSIL and some fun sized chocolates.

I also picked up all of the items that I wanted for the food drive at the local library, the prices were good yesterday and the use by dates were fine so picked up tinned tomatoes, pasta, rice and tinned vegetables. Mum will store them at her house until it is time to take to the library.
We also finished buying the items for a charity we are supporting this year called "Share the dignity". They need things like tampons and pads and personal care items.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Just saw that pyrex.com is introducing a new take on the classic Mickey Mouse. Looks like the vintage Mickey from Steamboat Willie. Available June 30th on their website.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a whole lot of stocking fillers when shopping yesterday. Got Mum some non scratch kitchen sponges and a large bottle of drinking water, I also got her a tube of hand cream. Got the boys some different flavoured salts for cooking, the had 3 different varieties so I think the boys will like those. I found some hair masks on sale so got 1 of those for DS who sometimes has a dry scalp.
I have got a few more things to get from my stocking filler list and they will be done.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Loveless Cafe in Nashville

YUM! Just YUM! If you've never eaten there and ever get a chance...do it! You won't regret it. If there's a long line, and there usually is, it's worth the wait.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
New M&Ms coming for the holiday season - look for them in November - White Chocolate Sugar Cookie - would look great in a Mason jar with a festive topper - does anyone do that anymore? Cut a square of fabric, usually with pinking shears on the edges, and then place it on top of the jar lid but under the screw on part? I made them for Sophia her first year of college for Halloween - candy corn, Halloween M&Ms and something else, all with three different Halloween fabric toppers.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
New M&Ms coming for the holiday season - look for them in November - White Chocolate Sugar Cookie - would look great in a Mason jar with a festive topper - does anyone do that anymore? Cut a square of fabric, usually with pinking shears on the edges, and then place it on top of the jar lid but under the screw on part? I made them for Sophia her first year of college for Halloween - candy corn, Halloween M&Ms and something else, all with three different Halloween fabric toppers.
So funny you would mention that! My cousin was talking about doing that today for gifts when we were shopping. I’m giving her some of my mason jars.
I’ll have to look for them when they come out. Our friend loves M&Ms.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Wonder if we will be lucky enough to get them here. Sometimes we get them sometimes we don’.(new favours that is )

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We don't seem to get the holiday M&M's here. I do though fill jars with the kids favourite lollies and tie them with a nice bow. They are a little gift from Santa for under the tree.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DS gets Twizzlers and DDIL likes gummibears so they each get large jars/packages of each

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our 2019 Christmas pollyanna theme was "M." The gift was something that started with M. Mason Jars filled with treats of various sorts was what a lot of people came up with. There were jars filled with M & M's and jars filled with specialty tea bags. They had festive scrapbook paper and fabric on top and ribbon wrapped around the jar.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I ordered DH's big present yesterday, a very large cooler. He got one for Christmas last year and has said all along that it would be great to have a second one for when we do a big grocery shop. I looked online and found one and delivery will be free, I have sent it to Mum's address and she will store it for me. Glad to have that done.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Have a order coming Monday from the nra for my husband. Spent this evening ordering on amazon and target for him too. Everything is supposed to be in stock, if it all comes I should be in pretty good shape for him. Husband ordered a chef’s knife for our
son for me. I also ordered some supplies for making next year’s gifts. Feeling a little better since the stores are pretty empty here.

Reactions: AuntJamelle