Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I thought I would start the new thread since my shopping today is for next year!
Bath and body works had their annual candle sale today. I had 2 great coupons so I bought my son candles for next year and got a free bottle of lotion too.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done MM. I am writing lists of things that I would like to look for for next year. I have an idea of what I want to make for work and have bought the materials for those. My big things are stocking fillers, I like to come up with unusual things for those as well as the standard items I put in them.
Gifts, I will start looking for over the next few weeks, hoping to get a few things in the stash before the end of the year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few things form KMart, a candle with the letter T on it which will be put away for DD, a Harry Potter backpack buddy. A few packs of paper napkins and that was about it. KMart and Target were quite picked over.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
You guys are so good! I didn't buy anything for next year but I did decide to start using the Amazon wish list. I had an idea for dd for next year so I went to Amazon and put it on the wish list. I'm not sure that I'll order it from Amazon but it is a place to store ideas.

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got a bit of a head start today and placed an order from one of the big department stores. Mostly stocking fillers, hair ties, a CD for Mum and some sprinkles for Christmas baking.
Place a DVD order for some movies that DS and DB said that they would like. If not for Christmas 2020 they will be for birthdays in June and July.
Made many notes in my planner and notebook that lives in my handbag.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a couple ornaments for the kids stockings yesterday. Also booked marked a pioneer woman recipe for a food gift for next year.

Reactions: PamelaG

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My goal for 2020 is to actually buy anything that I see that I think will make a cool stocking stuffer throughout the year. I saw lots of cool stuff throughout the year but didn't pick it up and then forgot about it and was struggling when it came time this year. I also want to pay more attention when the kids talk about things they want. If it's a need then it will be bought sooner, but a want can be bought and put away for a birthday or Christmas. Will also help with the budget not taking a major hit all at once.

I haven't been out yet nut might look at work today before I head home.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got quite a few things during day after Christmas shopping this year! All for Christmas 2020!!!

- Hot Sauce Set (5 small bottles)
- Starbucks Hot Cocoa Packs - Checked exp date and will be good thru 2021!
- Three large Hand Wash/Lotion packs for next years teachers/aides at school
- Two dog toys for the pups
- Holiday Foam capsules (for DS's stocking)
- Head to Toe Masking Kit from Target for $5 - great find!
- Lotion/Body Spray Set + extra mini lotion
- Pretty nail file 3 pack
- Chapstick 2 pack
- 12 pc Nail Polish set
- 3 pc Nail Polish set
- 2 mini holographic/shiny mini wallets (will add vinyl design or word)
- 6 packets of assorted foaming bath salts or mineral soaks
- 3 pack of scented body sprays
- Assorted holiday paper plates, napkins
- Wrapping paper, of course! Some flat glitter ornaments I use to decorate shipped packages instead of bows
- Candle
- Lights!!!! Got net lights for bushes out front - so excited! And some LED lighted cranberry garland I just love
- 4 decorative "garment" boxes that I've started using for cookies! I wrap all the cookies in little stacks so they never touch the boxes - they work perfectly!
- Tissue paper, gift tags, a few bows
- Several pretty Christmassy dish towels and one oven mitt
- Mini cupcake liners in super cute peppermint stripe pattern
- A whole box of assorted candy "eyes"
- A couple 16 packs of Ferrero Rocher chocolates (to be turned into Golden Snitches for DS's birthday party)

So many things were so reasonably priced, I went a little crazy. But it will all get used!!!! So many things were $0.44 or $0.50 - I just kept tossing into my cart :oops:

I took it all upstairs real quick so DH couldn't "comment" LOL He must not have been too worried because after I put it all away he suggested we run to Menards to see what they had!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
What a haul AJ, you are well on your way to Christmas 2020.
I went to a fabric sale and got some fabric for the quilt gifts I plan to make. I went in to kohl’s but it looked like a bomb went off in there. I walked around for a few minutes and left. Stocked up on tissue paper from dollar tree. Some time this weekend will go to bath and body for their semi annual sale.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS and I are just back from the mall, we hit the stores pretty hard.

Got 3 pairs of fun sox for DS,
Hydrating and detox face masks,
A geranium and bergamot candle and reed diffuser,
Shampoo for in stocking,

Gardening soap and handcream for Mum,
2 pack Christmas handtowels, 1 for Mum one for me,
Christmas candle for Mum,
Puzzle book for Mum, will buy a pen to go with it,
Shower gel and body spray,
A Santa gift box,

Soap, hand cream and nail brush for DD,
Body scrub for DD,
3 pack of pink tea light holders for DD will buy tealights,
Hydrating and detox face masks,
Harry Potter light,
Shower gel and body spray,
A metal heart ornament from DS to DD

A few items for under the giving tree,
Kids bubble bath,
Stamp and stamp pad set

A good start on things for 2020, it was lovely having DS with me, we hardly ever shop together.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, I was hoping to get some Christmas tee shirts for us all but there were none around.

Faye, 70% off is a great price.

Reactions: luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I went to bath and body works (which was packed ) today. I had 2 different coupons so I got hand soap, shower gel and lotion for my son. I made a stop at a different kohl’s but didn’t see any thing for gifts.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up a Lip Smackers gift set...some more paper plates, etc. Most stores are pretty stripped bare at this point...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing my first big shop of the year tomorrow. I have a list of things that I would like to buy, Christmas fabric, some drinking glasses, some tea lights or candles for in a pack I would like to do.
If I can find some things it would be great but I have a feeling that most things will be gone.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few things at the mall today, mostly at 70% off. Christmas cards for work for 90c, a shower gel and deodorant for $4.00. Some tealight candles and a few other bits and pieces that will be good for stockings. Now to jot it all in the planner and pack it away.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul