Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
picked up 2 make up kits for 2 of our nieces for Christmas and they each came with a free travel pouch filled with other makeup. I am keeping of one them and using the other as a stocking stuffer for my DD.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think I am nearly finished. I need to buy DD a GC to the pharmacy store (like Walgreen's) so that she can pick up make up etc.
Will be wrapping stocking fillers today so will know if I need more items or not.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Picked up gift card for oldest DS along with the candy cane stir sticks and star shaped marshmallows to finish off the hot chocolate kits for the grandkids. Just in-laws to go and thinking we will either do a food basket or a gift card. Just need to check with DH to see what he wants to give his parents.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wrapped stockings yesterday so that is done. I don't need to add anything, I am happy with what I have. I am missing a body wash for DFSIL but I know it is in the gift closet somewhere.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Well folks, my gift closet was finally unearthed and two gifts were saved. My home was destroyed in hurricane Laura, Beta and Delta. The demolition crew was able to lift the roof and walls from that area and allow me to search for the items I had in that closet which was my gift closet. I was able to find two of the gifts and they were well packaged in a shrink wrap type plastic so I was able to save them. Starting over wasn't as bad as I thought on the gift buying. We still don't have 80% of our businesses/stores open due to excessive damage. I had the opportunity to get 5 of the 7 grandchildren together and handed them my phone and debit card and told them their limit and allowed each of them to order their gifts to be delivered to their homes and wrapped by their parents and put under the tree. Not the wonderful gift giving I generally love but given the situation it's the best under the circumstances. We are temporarily living in a camper until a new home can be built. ***Note to self, evacuate with gifts.

• Wow
Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well folks, my gift closet was finally unearthed and two gifts were saved. My home was destroyed in hurricane Laura, Beta and Delta. The demolition crew was able to lift the roof and walls from that area and allow me to search for the items I had in that closet which was my gift closet.
Oh, Ellen, how devastating. I don't even have the right words to convey my thoughts. Thank you for checking in. I've often wondered how you were doing.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Ellen - as long as the family is safe and sound it will be a wonderful Christmas wherever and however you celebrate

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ellen, I can’t imagine going through that. You are a wonderful grandma, thinking of your grand children and Christmas with everything else going on. Will keep you in my prayers.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ellen, My thoughts and heart go out to you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh Ellen, what a time you have had. Wishing you all the best.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well folks, my gift closet was finally unearthed and two gifts were saved. My home was destroyed in hurricane Laura, Beta and Delta. The demolition crew was able to lift the roof and walls from that area and allow me to search for the items I had in that closet which was my gift closet. I was able to find two of the gifts and they were well packaged in a shrink wrap type plastic so I was able to save them. Starting over wasn't as bad as I thought on the gift buying. We still don't have 80% of our businesses/stores open due to excessive damage. I had the opportunity to get 5 of the 7 grandchildren together and handed them my phone and debit card and told them their limit and allowed each of them to order their gifts to be delivered to their homes and wrapped by their parents and put under the tree. Not the wonderful gift giving I generally love but given the situation it's the best under the circumstances. We are temporarily living in a camper until a new home can be built. ***Note to self, evacuate with gifts.
So sorry to hear about this. Praying your rebuild goes smoothly and quickly.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ellen so sorry to hear this :( How sad to have to rebuild and start anew. I'm glad you and your dh are ok.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'm so sorry, Ellen, but thankful you are all safe.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Bought holiday lottery tickets for stocking stuffers. That’s all I put in stockings any more. None of us need or get excited over candy anymore.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Ellen, I was wondering about you when all that was going on. I am so sorry! I agree you are a super grandma for thinking of the grandkids! Good luck with the rebuild. Is it on your same land or moving elsewhere?

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a bunch of sticking stuffers at Ulta at lunch today. A bunch of items on sale 5 for $5 plus there is a coupon for $3.50 off when you spend $15 or more. Bought 15 items for mine and DD's stocking and paid $11.50.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a bunch of assorted sugar free flavored syrups for FIL coffee basket. Just need to get another bottle or 2 and a box of k-cups and he will be all set.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Ellen, I've wondered how you were after they all hit. So thankful you're all safe, but sorry that you're having to rebuild. Will you build in the same location or move further inland?