Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
For my immediate family, I'm almost finished. I bit the bullet and ordered something for DH that he really wants, but was more than I wanted to spend. I figured, in the long run, it will be okay. He's so hard to buy for! I cut way back on what I usually spend on our children and grandchildren.

DH and I exchanged Mama's gift. They didn't have one of the pans in stock, so that money went back into the bank. I'll check later and get her that size if they have another great deal before Christmas. If not, I'll watch for it later and do it for Mother's Day, maybe.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did the groceries yesterday. Body wash and deodorant spray in the brand that my boys like was well below half price....I bought a set each for Christmas of next year, it was too good a price to pass up. and so it begins again....

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Got some candy for the Advent Calendar

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Received three Hanukkah blankets from QVC. The one with cats celebrating goes to a BFF and the one of the ones with stars goes to DSIL and DBIL and one goes to us.

Also ordered more sox for DS and a puzzle of the unicorn tapestry for me:)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I order gifts for the teachers, bus drivers, trash crew, recycling crew and postal carrier. I also ordered some clothes for dd and other gifts for the family. I have quite a bit more shopping to do. I'm trying to take advantage of the early Black Friday sales when I can.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like a lot of us are nearing the end, well done.
DFSIL mentioned the other day that he does not have a salt and pepper set so will look for those for him. I have ordered him some gournet salts so that will make a nice gift. I think he is finished but need a few more things for DD.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Order some clothes for DS, some for now as he keeps growing out his clothes and the rest is being tucked away fro Christmas. Ordered a bunch of DVDs for DH and the kids this morning, just waiting for Target to tell me my order is ready for pick up. Slowly getting there!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
had company gc from work they give us plus the discount got some things yesterday . almost finished the females males in the family are harder to shop for they always seem to buy for themselves what they want.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I haven't gotten much yet but so far i've purchased:

A Fitbit Versa 2 for DD
Apple Airpods for DS (his bit the dust), a shampoo/body wash kit
Galaxy Buds for DH

I haven't gotten anything for Eli yet since he hasn't given me a list. I'm working on it though.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
My orders are coming in now. I received a game for J, the calendar for H, and a book for my mother. Today I will place some more orders since J shared some gift ideas.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Got DS's birthday gift today.

Going to order a tabletop curling game for DH.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I placed a few more orders. I'm getting close to finishing shopping for one child. I've picked up items for the other dc but I still need to get more.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I still need a few things for DD. I have an item on order that should be here next week, I will get her a GC and a few bottles of cider that she likes.
I do believe that everyone else is finished.

Reactions: halimer

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I have *almost* finished.

Yesterday had a delivery of chocolate- personalised figurines, advent calenders etc but I'm now having to wait for another box to be delivered as the courier threw the box over our 7ft high garden fence where it landed in a drain! Nice!

Ordered neices, sil and my kids some Christmassy bathbombs, and that is it.

I AM NOT BUYING ANYTHING ELSE!

(please hold me accountable lol)

Reactions: halimer

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Bought my son some bourbon soaked hickory chips for his grill.
Received a reminder email from kohl’s to order gifts early, they predict mail service will be slow the closer we get to Christmas. It’s pretty slow here already.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
DH and I went shopping yesterday. SInce we knew what we were after we were in and out of the stores pretty quick. We are almost done the kids now. Got to go trough everything and take inventory but I think we only need a couple more things gifts for them and then they are done.
Got FIL and BIL done yesterday too.