Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DDs last gift arrived, it was delivered to our neighbours and thankfully they bought it down. It was not an expensive gift but something she specifically asked for so I am happy it arrived. I think I have wrapped everything now. DH and DS still need to wrap so cannot put away the paper and tags just yet.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Did my “Black Friday” shopping today. Bath and body had everything 40% off and you could use coupons too. Bought hand sanitizer to tuck into a few gifts. Found moose munch at Tuesday morning for my husbands buddy’s movie bag.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I did a lot of online shopping while in quarantine. I also took advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. I'm done with 4 of my 5 dc. My parents and in-laws are bought as well. I need to order and/or buy a few more things for dh.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think I am done. DH and DS need to wrap. I need to go to the bank and get cash for kids cards and hide those.
I have one gift to wrap for DD but might just use a bag for that. DB has a few things here for mum so might just put those in a bag too.

Overall pretty pleased with the shopping this year despite the circumstances.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Any ideas for a fun way to wrap quilts?

After sorting all the gifts we have put away all year long, we decided there were four gifts that were too young for DGS. We gave the extras to the neighbors who have grandkids living with them. They were thrilled. The kids will get one gift tonight.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, can you roll the quilts and "stuff" them into a pillow case?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Any ideas for a fun way to wrap quilts?

After sorting all the gifts we have put away all year long, we decided there were four gifts that were too young for DGS. We gave the extras to the neighbors who have grandkids living with them. They were thrilled. The kids will get one gift tonight.
Can you roll it up and tie it with a ribbon? Then wrap it in paper to make it look like candy wrapped in cellophane with the twisted ends.

All gifts have been bought and those that have been delivered have been wrapped. I have 5 ornaments to make this week and a few home made gift certificates to print this week.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Pillow cases would be my suggestion too for the quilts. Mine are going in gift bags.

Ordered a few after thought items for my husband (movies) from Amazon over thanks giving weekend. I’m still waiting. One package has been at the Akron hub since 12/3. Found out north east Ohio postal service is the 3rd worst in the nation. Baltimore and I think Detroit are # 1 and 2. Explains why something my husband ordered is sitting in Baltimore. Good thing my Christmas cards were sent way early!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
One of my husbands packages arrived at the local post office this morning!!! The other is still out there in post office land somewhere. I’ll be wrapping movies tonight providing nothing is damaged.