Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
So has anyone else priced kid's bikes lately? Good gravy!!! They have been out of stock at our stores for a while - finally saw some at Meijer and they were $250 to $300!!! That price has gone UP! We keep hoping to find a deal online...DS has just outgrown his - too tall for it now!

Walmart has bikes available on line. I know on the store they are a hit or miss.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
DH and I went out shopping last night and scored some gifts for the kids.DH found a couple things he likes too so we went a head and got them last night since its not guaranteed they would be available later. He will get them for Christmas.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Got my Amazon packages delivered with gifts I had bought for DS and DDIL. Even got a gift for DS that I don't remember buying;)

I told DH there was nothing for him because I don't know what to buy him anymore!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did an online order yesterday for some bits and pieces. Underwear for DH and a few other things. My grocery order contained some items for gifts, a jar of minced garlic for DFSIL food basket, some strawberry milk flavouring for DH and some Mac and cheese pots for DD, these will go into her stocking.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think that I have decided on a big Christmas present for DH. He is looking at a stainless steel bowl for in our slow cooker, ours came with the generic "non stick" bowl. Can do an online order so will do that.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Picked up my kohl’s order for my husband and got another yankee candle for my son since I had kohl’s cash to spend. That store looks like it closing, there is nothing in there. My friend told me they are redoing all of their merchandise to attract the younger crowd.
Found a few things at tractor supply for my husband and son.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Picked up a sweat shirt for Mama today... will be for her birthday in November or part of her Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think that I have decided on a big Christmas present for DH. He is looking at a stainless steel bowl for in our slow cooker, ours came with the generic "non stick" bowl. Can do an online order so will do that.
DH bowl arrived and he got to it before me.....so DH got a stainless steel bowl for Father's Day. :D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The news reports here are saying that many items for Christmas (especially here where most things are imported) might be hard to come by. I will sit down tomorrow with my wish list and actual list and start making concrete plans. If I cannot find what I am after I will just be giving cash along with what I already have here.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I picked up salsa mix and a plant mister that were on clearance for all three children yesterday.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
We stopped at a clothing store that had a little Christmas corner. While there DH came across a gift he thought his parents were like—a painting of a street with 1930 cars which lights up. I made sure we walked out of the store with it. I also picked up a butterfly decoration.
also got a book in the mail today for a December birthday.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got an online grocery order last night. A few stocking fillers, protein balls for DD, Tic Tacs for DS and Eclipse mints for DB. Slowly the stockings are filling up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Had not thought of protein balls! I
I think that is why this is a great thread. I have found many, many ideas just through other peoples posts.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I find a lot of ideas here too.
Placed a amazon order. One movie isn’t released until mid November and another is back ordered till then. Hopefully they will arrive by Christmas. Not very confident in the post office here.