Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Was at Walmart last night and they had resealable bags of just the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms cereal. I picked up a big for DD's boyfriend for his birthday and another bag for him for Christmas along with a couple DVDs for him.
Minta, was that a Walmart with a full grocery store or a general Walmart? Were they in the cereal aisle or the marshmallow aisle? My dd loves that kind of stuff. We have a general Walmart with a small selection of groceries. However, I have family that live near a Walmart with groceries that would look for me if I asked.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, was that a Walmart with a full grocery store or a general Walmart? Were they in the cereal aisle or the marshmallow aisle? My dd loves that kind of stuff. We have a general Walmart with a small selection of groceries. However, I have family that live near a Walmart with groceries that would look for me if I asked.
Ours is also a general walmart with a small grocery section. In our store we have a huge aisle separating the grocery section from the clothing section. In there there was an aisle display of Lucky Charms cereal but in the middle of the display were the bags of the marshmallows. These were not there last weekend.

Reactions: HouseElf

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a big box on dog biscuits for our canine friends and cat food for the one cat.
Our dogs get Christmas presents too, people think we are strange.

Reactions: Minta and HouseElf

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Our dogs get Christmas presents too, people think we are strange.
I cannot believe that people thing you are strange for giving gifts to your dogs! The newest thing I have seen is advent calendars for dogs. Mus get one for Buffy!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron and Sebastian always got gifts. They had their own stocking too! Myron always got Daddy ( my husband) a big box full of cat treats for their bedtime ritual. We loved watching them unwrap their new toys. The people that think it’s strange are missing out on something very special.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Our pups are such a big part of our family. We all get small presents from the pups and we give them gifts and they have a small stocking. As you say MM, such fun to see them open their gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will need to sort through DS gifts and stocking and see what I can do with them. He has moved to a new state which is now an 11 hour drive from us and I will need to post his things to him. Will see what I can get to him and the rest will either be distributed elsewhere or put aside for when he comes home. Next year I will have to rethink the whole situation for him.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
ur pups are such a big part of our family. We all get small presents from the pups and we give them gifts and they have a small stocking. As you say MM, such fun to see them open their gifts.
This year Buffy will be giving scottie shaped shortbread cookies to her family

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Ours is also a general walmart with a small grocery section. In our store we have a huge aisle separating the grocery section from the clothing section. In there there was an aisle display of Lucky Charms cereal but in the middle of the display were the bags of the marshmallows. These were not there last weekend.
Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I am making a Walmart shopping list for this week. I'll look for a section similar to that.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DD29 always had a pet cat(s) stocking up here. She took that with her when she moved. Gosh ... I hadn't thought of having one for DS18's Axl Cat. Ooooo, I'm a bad grandma! LOL I should order some yummy treats for Axl from the Etsy shop that DD sent to her bro (and cat) in July at his birthday! It's going on my To Do List now!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Now that we've got all the fur babies covered.....

I found some stocking stuffers for DS and DDIL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Time to start looking at the treats! Gingerbread and candy canes and the like are beginning to appear in the shops. Really don't need a lot of these but it does make me happy to see them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Anyone remember the online candy shop that sells chocolate filled candy canes?
They would be amazing.

I was just at one of our large supermarkets and they had mystery boxes of jelly beans reduced from $2.00 to 80c. Very long use by date so they will go into the Easter baskets. Never to early to look for things that might be useful for other occasions.

Reactions: Minta and jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My supermarket has selected gift cards on sale. Each gift card sees you get 1000 reward points. Got 2 cards yesterday, a movie GC and a restaurant GC. Will give them to DD and DSIL as a gift. And I got 2000 points to use towards shopping. Now have $110 to use at the supermarket for Christmas.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got some stocking stuffers yesterday. Lottery tickets, beef jerky, gum, a vicks soothing vapors plug-in (for Xavier), mittens and slippers for my stocking, socks for the homeless bags and chocolate to add to the nephew's $$

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Bought 2 single Luminara candles on Walmart.com......I've always liked them on
QVC but they only sell the sets...

Laurie
Word for 2021 JOY
The 2 Luminara candles I had sent to my sister and niece for their birthdays. My sister's arrived quickly, my nieces kept saying "delayed" She finally did receive it, the candIe box, packing slip and a ........computer part. Walmart is investigating. I want to believe this is an isolated case, but it is upsetting to think this is going on out there......and shopping has just begun for so many. I think I am done with the "anyone can sell" on sites.

Laurie

Word for today ......... Sad

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Added three cookie frying pan kits, grandkids little treats, lip care kits for DD’, book for DH, EOS Christmas gift pack for DGD, and hand cream for DH to gift closest.
cookie kits will be part of 3 upcoming birthday gifts next year. They only come out at Christmas time.

still need to get two gift cards and a pkg. of Christmas m&m’s which aren’t on the shelves yet plus one more small item for DH stocking than I will be done for this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou and Minta