Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
cookie frying pan kits
What are cookie frying pan kits and where did you buy them? I've seen the mini Lodge frying pans but do the kits come with a cookie mix?

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
What are cookie frying pan kits and where did you buy them? I've seen the mini Lodge frying pans but do the kits come with a cookie mix?
They are a small cast iron frying pans about 5-6 inch’s with a cookie mix and some kind of candy. This year it’s smarties. They also come with brownie mix and another mix but can’t remember of the top of my head what mix was include.
I got it at shoppers drug mart here in Ontario Canada. Said it’s distributed by modern gourmet foods.

Amazon.com has a Nestle toll house chocolate chip cookie kit that is like the ones I purchase. They also have pictures of thoughtfully cast iron cookie skillet. Hopes this helps.

Reactions: Minta and PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
cookie kits will be part of 3 upcoming birthday gifts next year. They only come out at Christmas time.
I think that this is a great idea. DH and I like a certain gingerbread cake that is only available around Christmas. I will stock up on some and if the use by date is good I might put some in his Easter basket.

Reactions: Minta

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Found same Luminara candle that didn't make it to my niece.......at Bed Bath and Beyond, used 20% coupon, picked up last Friday.......nice and safe in gift closet ready to go.......simple joys.....!

Laurie

Word for 2021 JOY

Reactions: Minta and halimer

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was at our supermarket yesterday and there seems to be a lot of stock on clearance. I got a pack of 4 microfibre kitchen cloths for 1.20 picked up 2 packs. They also had an antibacterial hand wash, very good brand (Dettol) for 90c a bottle. Have popped these into the gift closet for next year. Never too early to start.
Found a maple bacon burger sauce that I had not seen before so added that to DB stocking.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got the last of the Christmas candy I needed. Just waiting for a book I preordered for yDGS to arrive. Once it arrives I will have all my gifts for this year.
Well done on being finished for the year, makes the lead up to Christmas a little more relaxed. I am wrapping gifts today so I will still have time to pick up more if needed.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Placed orders for some more items today. A few were on sale which was a pleasant surprise. They should be arriving within the next week.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Went shopping on my lunch break and picked up a new comforter and sheet set for DD's BF and a new throw blanket for DS. DH and I plan on going shopping tonight too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so excited to hear about all the gifts you are getting. It's all coming together.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got an email on clothing on sale this weekend so I ordered a few more things this morning. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Dd gave me a few more ideas for DSIL. He needs a new cutting board and I have just ordered 2 for me. I will give him one of the ones I ordered. When I was wrapping the other day I kept a few things aside for January birthdays and a hoody and a pair of trackpants has been kept aside for DH birthday in March. He doesn't need them just yet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am trying to pre plan a little and am looking at potential items for upcoming birthdays and Easter. I just think there is a bit more variety around at the moment and am trying to think ahead. Picked up some mini meringues that have a long use by date. They are limited edition flavours and I bought 2 boxes for Mum and DB Easter baskets.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I picked up two 64 ounce thermos jug for DGSs to use during sports and a hand muffler with battery operated heat for DDIL for ball season.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Found set of 3 mini spurtles sold in sets of 3 with a gift box on walmart.com....I recently bought the larger size on qvc and thought it would be nice to have smaller ones.
So these minis will be small gifts on Thanksgiving for our guests to take home.

Laurie

Word 2021. JOY

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will be heading into my gift closet later today!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Amazon arrived this week and shopping is down to 1 gift left to get just don't know what the gift is yet. Something for the dgds to open at family Christmas.