Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have made a reasonable start on stocking fillers. Am trying to give useful things this year, things that can be used up and not stored.
Just bought DFSIL some thick paper towels that come in like a tissue box, he will like those. Got DS some tea light candles to go in a little gift bag I am doing with candle, reed difuser, lighter, melts and tea lights. I think he will enjoy that. Got Mum a shopping list pad that is magnetic and sticks to the fridge.
Looking at the online grocery catalogue each week to see what they might have on sale, I get most of my stocking fillers from the supermarket.

Debbie, nice that you are already ahead.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too got a freebie this week. We could save credits at our supermarket and use those credits for glass lidded containers. I redeemed my credits for 2 containers (they say they were $30each!!!). I have put them in the gift closet and will fill them with some lollies or treats for Mum. Another gift down.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Our local supermarket had lovely candle, reed difuser and room spray items yesterday at 1/2 price. Picked up one of each for Mum. Will pop it in a gift bag and call it done. I also picked up a really pretty notebook, will grab a nice pen to go with it and will either use it as a stocking filler or as another small gift.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I ended up with 4 signed first edition books for my son. I ordered 2 then got a sale email and ordered 2 more. My husband has bought him some “stuff” too. Not sure exactly what but, was told to tuck it away for Christmas. The grocery store had x6 the perks on gift cards over the weekend. I got 2, wish my budget would have allowed more. I got Starbucks and Cracker Barrel because I figured they were a safe bet in this crazy economy.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I bought a few stocking stuffers for the hubby on clearance. He gets new Hot Wheels every year and this year they had some patriotic, flag type ones somewhere I picked up and then one walmart had a HUGE section of Colorado sporting team apparel on clearance. Obviously no one cared this year becuase EVERYTHING for EVERY team was on sale. I bought him some Broncos chip clips for his office snacks, that way he doesn't have to use Pioneer Woman flower and cow clips..haha I also found a sweat shirt for my daughter and on the front is a shape of a heart with Colorado written in cursive on the side of the heart. I bought that and will be sending it tomorrow for Valentines Day. Oh...and I also found several pioneer woman goodies on clearance I'll gift to some friends for Christmas in July.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, sounds like some great buys. I would love to go to the mall and do some shopping....one day soon I hope.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a pair of thick fleece slipper socks for DD. They were on clearance at Walmart. I had picked up some for extended family this past Christmas and DD made the comment how she liked them.

Reactions: DecemberisComing

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Shopping today did not yield too much. A deodorant for DFSIL for in his stocking. Looking at the supermarket for some different ideas. Next time will get some car air fresheners, they will be a good addition.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Off to the big department store with DS. Got some boxer shorts for DH that I have been looking for since Australia Day. They are printed with jars of vegemite. I found some lovely soft face washers in a 3 pack that I will put in my stocking and I got a body spray that I might put away for Mother's Day. Slowly, slowly.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta good buys at 90% off.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Bought a black metal water bottle I plan to embellish with adhesive vinyl and give as a gift.

Also a little packet that has a pair of socks treated with yummy things - kind of like a face mask for your feet. Figure that will make a good stocking stuffer. Also a 3 pack of chapticks to go in the chapstick holders I've been making.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, chapsticks!!!! Need to add those to my stocking filler list, thank you.