Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
A board game or a video game? I'm always interested in board game recommendations. I bought The Genius Square last Christmas - we haven't been together to play it as a family but I've played around with it solo. It's sort of like Tetris but it's designed to be played where you come against others to see who can come up with a full board first.
Cards against humanity family edition. Target has it on sale and stack it with a 25% off digital coupon I got it for under $14.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got an online order delivered yesterday. I got DH 2 books. A gardening book and an Australian war history book. Both are in the gift closet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Placed another 2 online orders yesterday. I have a list of what I want to buy and wait until I see those items at a price I am willing to pay.
DS has given me a few ideas for DVDs he would like.

Reactions: Minta

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Joann had a huge selection of FRIENDS items on sale last weekend so I stopped by there to see if it was still going on. It was so I picked up a Central Perk sign, a Central Perk silicone ice cube tray, two spiral journals, and an ornament. One of the new journals is for me - I'm going to use it as an Internet password book because the spiral binding means it will lie flat. The ornament is for me too. The rest are going in the gift closet for Sophia. I've completely revised any possibility of traveling at Christmas. Vic and I might take a short trip but Sophia's time is pretty well consumed with her two horses and the dog. She can manage a few days to come home I'm sure but any longer than that would be tough.

Any Hocus Pocus fans? Hallmark is bringing out a Halloween ornament this year of Winifred and it is SO cute. I think they must be planning to do a series. There is some advance ornament information on Hooked on Hallmark's website - they have a lot of the July ornaments showing already although they are not for sale yet (all say Out of Stock). They must get some sort of advance Dream Book info. Anyway, definitely picking up Winifred - I told Sophia I guess this is NOT the year I stop buying ornaments.! ;)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I bought three crank operated emergency flashlights with radio, sos signaling, charging port, etc. at Walmart marked down from $25 to $9. Those are for each of our children. It was right after the ice storm hit, so I was surprised they were on the clearance aisle.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Joann had a huge selection of FRIENDS items on sale last weekend so I stopped by there to see if it was still going on. It was so I picked up a Central Perk sign, a Central Perk silicone ice cube tray, two spiral journals, and an ornament. One of the new journals is for me - I'm going to use it as an Internet password book because the spiral binding means it will lie flat. The ornament is for me too. The rest are going in the gift closet for Sophia. I've completely revised any possibility of traveling at Christmas. Vic and I might take a short trip but Sophia's time is pretty well consumed with her two horses and the dog. She can manage a few days to come home I'm sure but any longer than that would be tough.

Any Hocus Pocus fans? Hallmark is bringing out a Halloween ornament this year of Winifred and it is SO cute. I think they must be planning to do a series. There is some advance ornament information on Hooked on Hallmark's website - they have a lot of the July ornaments showing already although they are not for sale yet (all say Out of Stock). They must get some sort of advance Dream Book info. Anyway, definitely picking up Winifred - I told Sophia I guess this is NOT the year I stop buying ornaments.! ;)
My daughter Loves Hocus Pocus .. I will have to look at getting that ornament for her.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got some Dr Teal's Lavender bath salts, body scrub and a lavender soap. I think I might make a gift for me. I love lavender.
Bought 2 wallets for Mum as she could not decide between the 2. I am thinking of buying her a handbag and add pocket sized tissues, a hand sanitizer and a few other items that would go into a handbag.
Picked up a soccer ball for our dog who gets a new ball every year from Santa. Got the first 4 seasons of Chicago Med for DS for $20 a season so they will go into the closet. Got a DVD for DH stocking for $5. Need to concentrate more on DD and DFSIL as they are quite particular with what the want/need.

Last edited:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought a small george formad grill for my older neighbors one more gift off the list. got 2 shirts and 2 tops and a pair of leggings.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Cancelled the tickets for the Ice Festival for Sophia and me in January. She's not going to want to leave her horses and students for three days. Bought tickets for Vic and me to see Andre Rieu instead in March so that envelope will go under the tree. It's March of 2022, he can fly home for a long weekend.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, sounds like a lovely experience. I was looking at booking Mum in for a hot air balloon ride but it was close to $400. Thinking that she might like a zoo experience where she gets to pat a cheetah or a meerkat. Will look into that a bit more.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got an oven cleaning kit to put in the "cleaning" bag that I am doing for Mum. Still need to get some Windex and some Spray and Wipe and I think that that gift is almost done. The cleaning supplies have a long use by date so wanted to get those done so I can concentrate on other things.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Toilet paper was on sale (!) so I got 2 packs for my son. Along with a bottle of wine and some shampoo.
I had breakfast with my cousin this morning. We walked up the street to a 2nd hand bookstore. I found 5 more Tom Clancy hard backs. They are in excellent shape. One looks brand new. My son will be thrilled.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, a great find. My DH loves books I should go to the charity shop and see what I can find for him.

Reactions: DecemberisComing

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking at experiences, DD has found that Cinderella The Musical will be on in Sydney in November. DD, Mum and I could catch the train and stay the night, do some Christmas shopping at some of the beautiful inner city stores including the famous Queen Victoria Building. Will do a little more research.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Looking at experiences, DD has found that Cinderella The Musical will be on in Sydney in November. DD, Mum and I could catch the train and stay the night, do some Christmas shopping at some of the beautiful inner city stores including the famous Queen Victoria Building. Will do a little more research.
That's a perfect City Sidewalks trip!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
MM, a great find. My DH loves books I should go to the charity shop and see what I can find for him.
I’ve found some great books in excellent condition or never cracked. So much fun shopping in those stores for treasures.
There is nothing posted here for fall/ holiday events. The latest we have is June. And there isn’t much.
Ordered some shirts for my husband from kohl’s. Getting ready to order order some old movies from Amazon for my husband.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A quick trip to the mall this week with Mum. DH said that he would like a new picnic rug for when we retire and we do some day trips. Mum ordered him one and I will look at things like cups and cutlery to go with it. I think we have most things here. I might get a cheap back pack to store it all in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Shopping with Mum yesterday. She saw some daffodil bulbs that she liked so I picked up 2 packs and will store them until Mother's Day. Concentrated a little on stocking fillers but did not find too much at all.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Picked a few things at the grocery store for our son- laundry soap, toilet paper etc, etc. nothing exciting lol.

The 2021 Old World ornaments are starting to be a available. I ordered santa unmasked and the snowman with the mask. I’ve watching for them to be in stock, last year I was on the waiting list for the ones I wanted.