Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
What are Old World ornaments? Is this the name of the brand?
Yes, Old World Christmas is the brand. I get a lot of mine from Callisters Christmas online. (I think they are in Wisconsin). There are at least 2 shops here in Ohio that sell them but they didn’t get any of the “covid” themed ornaments. I just gave my cousin a bunny one for her birthday for her Easter tree but she is keeping it out all year. I like them better then hallmark but that’s just me.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Yes, Old World Christmas is the brand. I get a lot of mine from Callisters Christmas online. (I think they are in Wisconsin). There are at least 2 shops here in Ohio that sell them but they didn’t get any of the “covid” themed ornaments. I just gave my cousin a bunny one for her birthday for her Easter tree but she is keeping it out all year. I like them better then hallmark but that’s just me.
Thanks. I'll have to check them out.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few things yesterday. There was a new brand of drink out that offers a soda and lime so got a 4 pack of those for Mum. They sound very refreshing for Summer.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD just had me order ornaments for her. Dogs, a cat two golf one, a clog (she said it reminded her of me since I use to always wear clogs) and the covid vaccine Santa.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Had a quick look at the ornaments. Some of them are lovely.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My weekly trip to the supermarket yielded some items for the gift closet, mainly for stocking fillers.
Got DFSIL 3 packages of stock cubes for in his cooking basket. Found DD some underpants that will go with the socks I got a few months back. Got DS disinfectant to go in his cleaning bag. Little things but they all add up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Waiting for a parcel to arrived. Bought a few lavender items to make a gift for Mum, ordered new sweat pants for DH and I got 4 DVD's for DS and DB. they will go into the gift closet for either birthdays in June or July or for stocking fillers for Christmas.

Am keen to go to the mall at some stage and just wander the shops and have a look.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ornaments and movies arrived and are tucked away. Have a list of movies to order from Turner Classic Movies in May for my husband and our friend. Got a few things ( body wash etc) at the grocery store too. Have a few gifts I’m making that are “in process”.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We picked up a set of "Rugrats" PJ's for DH's cousin for Christmas. She was born during his senior year in HS and he always called her rugrat. I want to find a rugrat coffee mug too and see what other Rugrat themed items I can find.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I found a jigsaw puzzle of Lake Como in Italy for DS and DDIL and a puzzle keeper.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Today we visited a little KMart called K HUB, never seen one before. I picked up a beautiful cream coloured mixing bowl for Mum. It has a pouring spout on it so quite useful. I will fill it with some choc chips and a few other baking supplies and make a gift out of it. Mum bought me a cute dress that will be great for Summer, stripes in a rust colour and white. We went to a bargain store and got a few things from there.
So Mum is looking OK for gifts at this stage. Need to ask DD and DFSIL what they might like and start looking

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The preordered movie for my husband arrived. Ordered some 5-11 pants he wanted as they were on sale.
Finished the ornaments our friends hinted about. Going to order some old movies and get snacks for them for the rest of their gift.

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I picked up a FRIENDS Central Perk cookie jar to go with the FRIENDS items I bought on sale at JoAnn. I'm going to make a FRIENDS basket for Sophia.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
What are 5-11 pants? Have not heard this expression.
The brand is 5.11 Tactical. As Pam said a outdoor type brand. They sell at a few of the sporting goods stores here. Pants are light weight, sturdy, and lots of pockets. They dry super fast when they get wet. They have women’s styles too but I’ve never tried them.

Ordering some silk neckties for my husband that he found online. He still wears a tie when he guest preaches. My credit card bill isn’t going to be nice with all the online ordering I’m doing. :rolleyes:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
The brand is 5.11 Tactical. As Pam said a outdoor type brand. They sell at a few of the sporting goods stores here. Pants are light weight, sturdy, and lots of pockets. They dry super fast when they get wet. They have women’s styles too but I’ve never tried them.

Ordering some silk neckties for my husband that he found online. He still wears a tie when he guest preaches. My credit card bill isn’t going to be nice with all the online ordering I’m doing. :rolleyes:
Tactical! That's the word I was looking for. It's the kind of gear you'd imagine a Navy SEAL wearing on his off-work hours