Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to a big department store yesterday. Got 3 pairs of trunks for DS and a sleep pack for DD to go with some pjs I bought her. The pack contains pillow spray, shower gel, body lotion and a roll on in lavender and some other scent. It is meant to aid sleep.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Bought a few food treats for the Hanukkah bags.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bought a few food treats for the Hanukkah bags.
I got a few treats for in the Christmas Eve basket. Nice to have a few things ticked off the list.
What treats did you get?

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Katrina - some pickled vegetable antipasto type items and jam.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina - some pickled vegetable antipasto type items and jam.
Wonderful. I am doing a "lunch" basket for DB, he loves pickled vegetables.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Shopped the bath and body sale, found candles for my son and a few hand sanitizers for our friends.
Stopped at the hartville gift shop, they finally had the leather card holder wallets my husband likes. I picked up a couple because he wears them out pretty quick.
My son sent me a short list of things he either needs or would like to have so I’ll start watching the sales.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Was in Columbus this week and shopped at cabelas. My husband sent me pictures of things he wanted. I showed a clerk the pictures and they were able to find all but one item that is out of stock. I have no idea what I bought lol.
What a great way to shop.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I just received to gift items curtsey of Amazon. I ordered early incase the items didn't me my expectations. Expectations met, into the gift closet they go. I have 7 more items to be delivered by end of next week. If all goes well, shopping be half done. ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I so need to look at things and reevaluate where I am up to. We are nearing the end of July!!!!!

Reactions: Minta

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was surprised today when I came home from church today. A package with 4 more gifts for the gift closet.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Shopped the dollar tree 10% off sale today. Got almost all the household supplies I wanted for my son. Found a few snack items (with a long shelf life) for our fiends gift basket and a few movies for my husband.
Waiting on a kohl’s order for my son. Ordered a NRA anniversary t shirt for my husband and the cabelas item that was out of stock at the store (not a clue what it is or what it does, lol). And I found another Tom Clancy book at the thrift shop for my son.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
And I found another Tom Clancy book at the thrift shop for my son.
I would like to go back to the op shop. A few years ago I got DH 12 books that I put in a box, 1 for each month. He enjoyed that gift.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just ordered DH a very large hammock for Christmas. It was on a great sale at the local camping store, they had none in stock so will have it shipped to the house. Even with shipping it was still less than half price. I want to find large beachtowels for DH and I so will need to look at those too.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
While on vacation, I saw something we "need" but didn't' know we needed: "waterproof" phone cases. We were kayaking and had our phones/keys with us. These were clear pouches that you wear around your neck. They were supposed to be waterproof. I don't know how waterproof they are if you fall into the water, but they did the job of keeping things dry for us as we paddled. I ordered them for all of us. Now that is a first! I'm usually ordering things from October onward.

Seeing Covid numbers jumping up rapidly is making me think ahead. It served me well last year. I think I'll start looking at stocking stuffers and other things that I can buy now.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Seeing Covid numbers jumping up rapidly is making me think ahead. It served me well last year. I think I'll start looking at stocking stuffers and other things that I can buy now.
Mary, I too am starting to think ahead. Next shopping trip I will be stocking up on cleaning supplies to get me through the HGP. I have written a list of things that I might like to stockpile (different to hoarding), baking goods and the like. Also starting to really think about Christmas gifts and get ahead there if I can.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Ordered a few small gifts for DH for Christmas and a gift for DD. Not sure if DD's gift will be for Christmas or her birthday.

There was report on the local news the other night saying Covid is still causing shortages which may affect the availability of certain gifts come this Christmas season so they suggested buying those must have items now. I am putting more money into the Christmas club too. My new side business is giving me more financial flexibility which is allowing me to start picking up more gifts now.

Reactions: halimer

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I added
1 Christmas gift and 2 birthday gifts to the gift closest.
I have 4 more birthday gifts to get and will be done for the fall birthdays.