Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I just looked in my gift closet(really a tote bag) and I don't have near as much as I thought I did for the Hanukkah bags.

I'd better go shopping!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I picked up a bunch of things to be used for upcoming birthdays and/or Christmas gifts: flat iron, snow guard for car window, snow brush for car, electric toothbrush and replacement brushes; toiletry kit; outdoor picnic blanket; and a walking stick.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just got some balsamic vinegar and some spice mixes for in food parcels.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Got some pasta and sauce and salsa.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ordered quite a lot from KMart today. They were clearing a lot of their Winter items so picked some up. I will put most of them away for birthdays for early in the New Year. As they are all Winter clothes we will not need them for the next few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: HouseElf

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finally found a critter camera for my husband. At tractor supply of all places. He is done now except for a few gift cards I’ll get at the end of the month when the grocery store has bonus points and some dark chocolate Moose Munch (if I can find it).
I sent a text to my son- Santa was finishing up and wanted to know if he needed or wanted anything else. He wanted a wireless printer and/or a new mouse, but he knew they were expensive. He’s trying to write a book! This is the child who wanted nothing to do with a book when he was younger. I stood on my head to try to interest him in reading. I guess some of it worked. He’s dad bought him both.
I found a couple of bottles of wine that he likes and hasn’t been able to find. And a few other grocery items. He’s now done I think except for a few gift cards.
Home made gifts are all finished and tucked away. Snacks are all bought for the gift basket for our friends.
Anything else is a after thought gift. I think I’m pretty much done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, you have achieved great things, well done. You can now sit and relax and enjoy other things in the lead up to Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum and I are going to be doing some online shopping together this week. She will be at her home on her computer and I will be on mine and we will go through the new release Christmas catalogue together. Should be interesting and I hope we score some great items.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ran some errands today. Got mom some bath salts and some homemade fancy soaps. Also bought some underwear for ds. A fancy shampoo and conditionner for me and an umbrella for me.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gatorade was on half price today and the use by date is good so got one each for DH, DS and DSIL stockings.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well I have been wanting some vera bradley in a certain pattern and missed the last outlet sale they had for it. Well the sale popped back up and DH asked me which ones I wanted. I told him and he ordered them for me for Christmas last night. He even ordered a wallet for our DD that she liked.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought some things need to get busy find out what the kids want. only one bday before christmas.

Reactions: HouseElf

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Picked up some salsa mix and plant spritzers on clearance at Walmart.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Finally found a critter camera for my husband. At tractor supply of all places. He is done now except for a few gift cards I’ll get at the end of the month when the grocery store has bonus points and some dark chocolate Moose Munch (if I can find it).
I sent a text to my son- Santa was finishing up and wanted to know if he needed or wanted anything else. He wanted a wireless printer and/or a new mouse, but he knew they were expensive. He’s trying to write a book! This is the child who wanted nothing to do with a book when he was younger. I stood on my head to try to interest him in reading. I guess some of it worked. He’s dad bought him both.
I found a couple of bottles of wine that he likes and hasn’t been able to find. And a few other grocery items. He’s now done I think except for a few gift cards.
Home made gifts are all finished and tucked away. Snacks are all bought for the gift basket for our friends.
Anything else is a after thought gift. I think I’m pretty much done.
I have found some surprising things at Tractor Supply. It's one of the places I've started checking when I'm looking for gifts.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I went to Wegman's up in Syracuse and got a few things for the Hanukkah goody bags.