Gift Closet 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I thought I would start the thread for next year. I know some are still shopping for 2021. Given the supply chain issues again, has anyone tucked things away for 2022. I am trying to be hopeful that 2022 shopping will be absolutely amazing!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I don’t have much put away for next year. Just a few things I bought in January that I thought I would give this year. When I was wrapping I realized I had too much, but they are a nice start for the new year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have birthday gifts for January and March and have put a few things aside for Easter.
I have at least one thing in all the gift boxes for next Christmas so feel I am doing OK at this stage.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I just did a quick online order at Target. They have Christmas socks and boxers at 50% off. Also got some lovely tea towels and a candle that I will put in the gift closet. I bought a lovely book that I thought that Mum could fill in for DS and DD but they only had one. I will keep an eye out for one more.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went down the wormhole today and did 3 orders. There were a lot of on line sales so thought why not. DVDs for $5.00 each so got 6 or 7 for DS stocking and as gifts. Spoke to DS and got a few ideas for him for next year so have made many notes in my planner. I am glad for the ideas.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I found an Advent Disney calendar at Wal-Mart. It has the days numbered all out of order and then a piece of red snowflake paper around book. They are mini but the Disney characters and so cute. It was half price from 9.98. Got 2. 1 for Teigan and an extra.

Got items to use for gifts or prizes from Dollar General.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have an apron for DD29 and DD24. I ordered them before Christmas, but had already decided to use them for 2022.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered 2 signed Tom Clancy books for our son. And a big pile of Christmas movies from target and Best Buy’s for us.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got a pretty shot glass ornament at Wal-Mart tonight for $1.00.

Was carrying in my sacks from Sunday night and the three mugs I purchased that have a snowman on them and said let it snow then had a small blue spoon that fit in the handle---I dropped the sack and all 3 spoons broke and a cup broke. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Sad
Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Was carrying in my sacks from Sunday night and the three mugs I purchased that have a snowman on them and said let it snow then had a small blue spoon that fit in the handle---I dropped the sack and all 3 spoons broke and a cup broke. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Bummers

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio

Oh no!!!
Maybe you could find some pretty little spoons at a thrift shop. My flatware set has a pretty little sugar spoon that would be cute for something like that.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
The extra large flip top boxes from Joann Fabrics went on sale, down to 11.99 so I picked one up to start a Christmas Eve box for my niece's family. I picked up a new set of Cookies and Milk (she put the ones I made for them in the dishwasher and they didn't survive). I am going to keep my eye out for a bag for Reindeer treats and some sticker Advent Calendars, and maybe a copy of The Night Before Christmas. Other things like treats and snacks will have to wait, but I am happy to have started one.

Attachments

• IMG_4572.jpg
    IMG_4572.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lana—sorry to hear about the cup/spoons.

Added a jewelry box to my gift tote today. Once I get DGD nightgown done her gift for next Christmas is done. Fabric for nightgown is in the gift tote as well.

Also have five cookie/cast iron frying pan kits in the tote for birthday. They only come out at Christmas time here and I used my store points to get them.Just need to add something small to them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Also have five cookie/cast iron frying pan kits in the tote for birthday. They only come out at Christmas time here and I used my store points to get them.Just need to add something small to them.
These would make nice neighbor gifts. I found something like it on Amaz. Will think about it.

Reactions: DecemberisComing

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like some of us are off to a good start. I have done a few post Christmas orders. I did not spend a lot of money prior to Christmas so have a little to spare now.