Gift Closet 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just ordered the family tickets to a Pittsburgh Penguins game for part of their Christmas gifts, so that is a big chunk of the budget.

Got the dn and dn a pop it Christmas tree, along with some silicone stacking trees for the youngest two nephews. I'll add a book and the littles will be set.

Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ordered a kitchen canister that has a black design of witches and bats on it. One of the LCs loves Halloween and keeps many of the Halloween items up all year. So it will have a good home. The other LC will get a battery powered vacuumed. We use ours all the time so i think she will love it. Also received Christmas cards That I saw and just wanted. Now that I have figured out a place to keep all the cards I have found I have several years worth. So no excuse for ordering more.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing OK with gifts and with stockings. Just got DB a pair of trademans knee pads that he can wear while gardening, reduced to $3.00.

Also ordered the new Top Gun movie one for DB and one for me. While I was looking I saw a book about the origins of Top Gun so got that to put aside for DS birthday next year. The DVD site also had a lot of moves reduced to $5 so got one that I think Mum will like and will pop it into her Easter bag and I got an interesting looking one about US presidents that I think will go into DS stocking for next year.
Lots of interesting things around now so might do a few online orders.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
You ladies are impressive. We haven't bought much lately. Been so busy with DS and the HS Marching band these last 2 months. We only have 1 competition left and I will have my weekends back. Should be getting the check from the Christmas club this week so I will tuck that aside until we are ready to go shopping.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Got a bunch of gift cards as well as some drug store products for my giftees

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have done a lot of wrapping over the past few days because I have been isolating.
Have made a list of the last things I need.
Microwave popcorn for DS's Stay up late pack.
Hot chocolate mix, tea bags and biscuits for DSIL hot drinks pack.

Still need to buy 2 GC for massages for DD and DSIL and then I think I am done.

When I was wrapping I found DS had too many items so have put a few away back in the gift closet for use next year. Just underwear and sox and a jigsaw puzzle so will be OK.

• Love
Reactions: halimer and luludou

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
wrapped some gifts this morning. need to get some more gift cards. have more for the females than the males. so need to work on that. my son buys everything for his self so its hard to get him things.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just need to get 2 GC now for massages for DD and DSIL. Will do that when I am at the big mall for Santa photos on December 1st. The massage place is near there.
Got a GC for Mum for a mani/pedi so that is done and in a little nail pack I have done.
I normally give the kids cash but might give DS GC to a supermarket, not sure yet.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I normally give the kids cash but might give DS GC to a supermarket, not sure yet.
Sophia loves supermarket GCs - I always include a few in her Advent gift card basket.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just need to get 2 GC now for massages for DD and DSIL.
Decided that I had enough for Christmas so go the GC for massage for DSIL birthday in January instead. I always struggle with what to get him for his birthday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got my son 5 pounds of potatoes lol. They were bogo free. We will never use 10 pounds here before they go bad. So under the tree they go.
Smart thinking. I am sure they will be put to good use.