Gift Closet 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I’ve got three Nice throws today From Hallmark they were $20 got them for five dollars each 75% off I couldn’t pass them up so that’s three gifts
Well done. That is some savvy shopping.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ordered bath and body works for my son. Just sent him a text asking for a wish list and grocery list for Christmas.
It's never too early. I spoke to my DS last weekend and he has given me quite the list.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing nice glass jars full of lollies for everyone. These will be from Santa for under the tree. Got 2 bags of lollies for DSIL today so they are in his box.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not for the gift closet per se but I have purchased a few shelf stable food items for use around Christmas. My menu remains mostly the same so I know what I am needing to buy. I saw a few things yesterday so bought them and stored them in a separate part of the stockpile.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I bought DN#1 a wooden divided box to put her art supplies into - brushes, colored pencils, etc. I bought DN#2 a wooden tree silhouette. She loves trees. I bought DS and DH each a bag of assorted sized cotton swabs. I bought one for DSonIL, too, but already gave him his. He can use them to clean his computer stuff or his car.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A 4 pack of microwave popcorn was on half price at my supermarket. DS likes to have it when watching a movie. It will go into his stocking.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Not for the gift closet per se but I have purchased a few shelf stable food items for use around Christmas. My menu remains mostly the same so I know what I am needing to buy. I saw a few things yesterday so bought them and stored them in a separate part of the stockpile.

I need to do this!!!

It never fails I will forget something and the local grocery store will be out of stock on that item. One year it was molasses's, another year it was maraschino cherries, another year it was Oreo pie shell .. etc. I hate running around from store to store like that

I think I will use CIJ in get my tentative menus written out, make a grocery list of the items I know I will need and start shopping in July for those items that will have a long shelf life.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I think I will use CIJ in get my tentative menus written out, make a grocery list of the items I know I will need and start shopping in July for those items that will have a long shelf life.
Great plan Minta. Put it on the shelf for future use.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have started a thread in the Holiday Cooking section....Christmas 2022 just for this purpose. I have started a 'shopping list' there. Feel free to add your own list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got some different fries seasoning for DS. The supermarket had some of their specialty salts on sale.
I might do him a gift bag of different salts and condiments.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Another food treat for DS and DDIL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
To fill in time in Sydney Mum and I went to a supermarket. Found dog pretzels for the pups and they had microwave caramel popcorn. Got a few of those to tuck away.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Saturday while going thru a thrift/antique store, I found a squrriel (silver) nut cracker. Jaymee likes squrriels so grabbed it for her. It is about 8 or 9" tall with a big tail that is the lever. Will shine it up.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana, I love finding things in the thrift shops!
Ordered pretty much the last of the movies on my husbands list. One is out of stock the order is way too pricey for a old “B” movie. I’ll keep an eye out for these last 2.
Got a few more Christmas movies for us.
More groceries for my son since the store was doing x5 the points.
Found 2 more books for my son at the Project Learn shop.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
More groceries for my son since the store was doing x5 the points.
My supermarket is doing similar over the next 3 weeks. I will try and maximise my spend so that I qualify for each week. I got 1000 bonus points yesterday. 2000 points equals $10. I have $70 on my supermarket card now to spend from December 1st.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have never shopped at a store that gave bonuses for shopping or doubled the coupons. Sam’s club gives us something but it is the credit card we use. Get credit points at Caribou.