Gift Closet 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
When we were in the mountain town last weekend, my SIL pointed out several items in a gift shop she would like.
I went back over and got two things.
Will take care of her b-day and Christmas!
I struggle getting stuff for her so this is a win!

Annie

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I got three small heat/cold packs for stocking stuffers and some sort of flashlight/tool for DH.

And some Lysol wipes for DS and DDIL's Stay Healthy basket.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Are you eating ice cream out of a tub over Summer?. Ones with lids? Maybe recycle those tubs and store the Lego sets in them for gifting.
Would be no cost and a way to reuse items. Win/Win.
As a former Kindergarten teacher, love, love, love recycling plastic tubs. Keep in mind that you can always cover it with an cost-effective and age-appropriate contact paper, to make it fun for the kiddos, or nice for a teen, or even to match your decor for pantry storage.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Got a small bottle of maple syrup for the breakfast basket

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
And some Lysol wipes for DS and DDIL's Stay Healthy basket.
This is a good reminder to stock up on things like this before the Winter hits. Tissues (kleenex) have been in short supply over the Southern Winter.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
some sort of flashlight/tool for DH
Found that DH has already bought it for himself:(

Got some cool air fresheners for a friend's husband; I have a scrabble ornament for her.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Found that DH has already bought it for himself:(

Got some cool air fresheners for a friend's husband; I have a scrabble ornament for her.
Did you buy the Scrabble ornament at Hallmark? I’ve been collecting that Family Game Night series.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a couple stocking stuffers for DS, ordered a new watch for DS and a book for DGS last week.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I picked up three toys for my grandkids recently. I ordered a couple things from Target on Amazon day and then I picked up a couple toys on clearance when I was driving through Wyoming. Seems that not only does Target do a sale this time of year, but Wal-mart does as well to clear things out before the Christmas stuff comes in. I know what one of my granddaughters really wants so I may buy that early as well and have her out of the way.

Reactions: farmerswife

farmerswife

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Slowly filling up my stocking boxes. Went to a glove and sock outlet today, was able to pick up a pair of leather work gloves for my son-in-law, wool socks for my daughter’s stocking, and a cute little winter hat for my grandson’s stocking.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I found some lovely ginger cordial yesterday that will go well in a pack of goodies that I am doing for Mum.