Gift Closet 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A lot of the items that I ordered online are not available. Very frustrating. Expecting a few deliveries this week so will see where we are then.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, luckily the things that I ordered where just gifts that I thought would be ok so will not be missed.
Just annoying when you find a bargain and then be informed that it is not available.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A few eBay items arrived today, I ordered all the boys little window breaking devices for the cars that also have a seat belt cutter. Saw it on a show and thought they were a good idea. Will put them in the gift closet tomorrow.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am going to DD a "pink" box. I have a lovely lidded box here that I have been wanting to use. So far I have bought a pink lip balm, a pink bath bomb, a soft makeup removal towel, a hair mask and shower cap. I think I will buy some pink knitting cotton and knit some face scrubbies. Not sure what else I will put in there yet

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
Got hallmark socks t shirt and a Charlie Brown throw one for myself and 1 for a gift . Bought 2 cups from hallmark to go in closet

Reactions: DecemberisComing

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got hallmark socks t shirt and a Charlie Brown throw one for myself and 1 for a gift . Bought 2 cups from hallmark to go in closet
were you able to buy them in a store or online? Here they don’t have stores anymor. Just the odd gift store that will sell a bit of hallmark items.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye, seems like you got some great buys.

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
I picked up two notebooks, one with Santa for my niece's Christmas Eve box, I thought it might be nice for here to start a Christmas journal. The other notebook has a kitten reading Christmas cards, and will probably end up being for me!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
We have a couple here. One opened in November the one I went to today that’s why they had a lot left over , got lucky
Found out that they decided to leave open one about 40-50 minutes away so we have one that is not a bad drive. We had three here in town but they closed them all. Any of the other stores are at least a good hour away. Blankets etc are not available to order online here—just cards.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Most of our hallmark stores are gone. I have 1 that’s not too far away but I’m hardly ever out that direction.
Went in the Project Read store after the dentist and breakfast this morning since we were right there. Found 3 more Clancy books for my son. I don’t think the one was ever opened, pristine condition.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got an online order yesterday. A sweat shirt and beanie that I will give to DS for his birthday in July and a surf type tee shirt for DSIL.
Just need an idea for DB birthday in June and all the birthdays are done for the year. I have ideas for Mother's Day for Mum and Father's Day for DH so am ahead there. Will start picking up stocking fillers when I shop on Thursday (depending on Covid results). I will start with simple things like toothbrushes and deodorant etc.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I got boxer shorts with clocks on them for DH and DS on sale from the MET. Also a cool pair of socks for DS.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Debbie, Target here had 50% off boxers and buy 2 get one free socks. Bought quite a few for DS.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got an order yesterday from the pharmacy store (CVS). Lots of stocking fillers. I got DB a gift pack of beard wax, beard oil and comb, got DS an oatmeal soap on a rope, DD a tanning mitt, a bath bomb (for in her pink box, got a small gift box of bubble bath and bath salts for me and a lavender in shower melt for Mum and DD. Unfortunately the hair treatment and shower cap I bought for DD's pink box came in brown packaging so will go in her stocking. All of these items were on half price, the most I paid was $5.00 for DB beard set. Stockings are looking reasonable at this stage.