Gift Closet 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
When we were in the mountain town last weekend, my SIL pointed out several items in a gift shop she would like.
I went back over and got two things.
Will take care of her b-day and Christmas!
I struggle getting stuff for her so this is a win!

Annie

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I got three small heat/cold packs for stocking stuffers and some sort of flashlight/tool for DH.

And some Lysol wipes for DS and DDIL's Stay Healthy basket.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Are you eating ice cream out of a tub over Summer?. Ones with lids? Maybe recycle those tubs and store the Lego sets in them for gifting.
Would be no cost and a way to reuse items. Win/Win.
As a former Kindergarten teacher, love, love, love recycling plastic tubs. Keep in mind that you can always cover it with an cost-effective and age-appropriate contact paper, to make it fun for the kiddos, or nice for a teen, or even to match your decor for pantry storage.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Got a small bottle of maple syrup for the breakfast basket

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
And some Lysol wipes for DS and DDIL's Stay Healthy basket.
This is a good reminder to stock up on things like this before the Winter hits. Tissues (kleenex) have been in short supply over the Southern Winter.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
some sort of flashlight/tool for DH
Found that DH has already bought it for himself:(

Got some cool air fresheners for a friend's husband; I have a scrabble ornament for her.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Found that DH has already bought it for himself:(

Got some cool air fresheners for a friend's husband; I have a scrabble ornament for her.
Did you buy the Scrabble ornament at Hallmark? I’ve been collecting that Family Game Night series.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a couple stocking stuffers for DS, ordered a new watch for DS and a book for DGS last week.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I picked up three toys for my grandkids recently. I ordered a couple things from Target on Amazon day and then I picked up a couple toys on clearance when I was driving through Wyoming. Seems that not only does Target do a sale this time of year, but Wal-mart does as well to clear things out before the Christmas stuff comes in. I know what one of my granddaughters really wants so I may buy that early as well and have her out of the way.

Reactions: farmerswife

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Slowly filling up my stocking boxes. Went to a glove and sock outlet today, was able to pick up a pair of leather work gloves for my son-in-law, wool socks for my daughter’s stocking, and a cute little winter hat for my grandson’s stocking.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I found some lovely ginger cordial yesterday that will go well in a pack of goodies that I am doing for Mum.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Added 9 dishcloths and three knitted scrubbies to the closet today.

also added 4 mugs for the hot chocolate kits I will put together for the grandchildren. They are not Christmas ones—just a nice shade of blue so they can use them year round.

Someone posted online that they include 2candy kisses to the hot chocolate kit as kisses from their grandparents. i like that idea.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I bought a couple Christmas T-shirt from work to wear starting 1 December. I’m starting a basket for my son That you use . He buys his own clothes and shoes so I thought this would be cool washing powder dish detergent soap air freshener paper towels will add some food items a little closer to Christmas and some gift cards.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered more movies for my husband (a few might be for his birthday). He really doesn’t need anymore gifts for this year. My son (doesn’t need anymore this year either except for groceries) asked for a book so I ordered that. Always happy to get him books. When I married his dad, he hated reading. I stood on my head to convince him it wasn’t boring, now he reads everything. The Kurt Adler ornament I had my eye on was back in stock so I ordered that for him too ( cute Santa on a t-Rex).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to a different supermarket yesterday as they had a few things on special that I needed. They had a 500 piece Harry Potter jigsaw and a 4 pack of bath bombs (1 for each house) and both were marked down to $1.50. Both ended up in my trolley. They also had a small tin laundry powder container on clearance for 63c. I think if I fill it with wrapped chocolates and lollies it will make a nice gift, maybe for DB for next year. 3 microfibre cloths were 25c. Not sure what I will do with those just yet.
Will all go into the gift closet and be sorted out later.