Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Hopefully you are finished shopping for 2022! It has been another “different” year for shopping. Maybe 2023 will be better?? We can only hope.
My gift closet is started. I put somethings back for next year that I had bought late in the season. Was finished wrapping and there are more than enough gifts.
I ordered a movie today for my husband. While not really a “gift”, I ordered a few Christmas movies too. We have had so much fun watching the stock pile of Christmas movies I had bought this year I’m doing it again for next year.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I decided to save one Christmas gift for a January birthday gift, and since I had the bin of giftwrap out, I went ahead and wrapped it. I also bought several rolls of Christmas gift wrap, tags, and a bag of bows, all on clearance, to replenish my stock.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My gift closet was emptied and cleaned yesterday, I checked that all the boxes were still functional and they are. Some of them are at least 10 years old.
I too held back a few things from Christmas as I had enough. DSIL gift voucher for a massage will now be for his January birthday and I kept back a jigsaw puzzle for my brother and some underwear for DS.

I also quickly checked the box for Easter, I have some wooly socks and some fun sized chocolate koalas that is the start of the Easter baskets,

And so it starts again......

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS and I went to the Chemist Warehouse. They had a Hugo Boss cologne on 1/2 price and he thought he would like it. We got that and a whole bunch of stocking fillers. Overnight lip masks for the girls, a coffee exfoliant, some skin care for DS and a cuticle pusher for DD. Also got some vanilla scented tea lights. DH is looking at an automotive online sale where they have some car air fresheners reduced so might get 5 or 6, one for each stocking

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Shopped bath and body works sale. A couple of candles and some hand soaps for my son.
Was in home goods, saw some great items on sale for gifts, just not good for my group of people I buy for. So I didn’t buy them. Stocked up on wrapping paper. I still have a couple of places I want to shop at this week. Maybe I’ll have better luck finding something.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a quick Target order. Buy 2 get one free Christmas socks so got 3 pairs for the boys. Also got some Christmas boxer shorts and some socks for the girls. Nothing terribly exciting but a start for next year.
The kids really enjoyed their stockings this year so I am challenging myself to make the one for next year just as good.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
DH and I went shopping yesterday and we picked up a nice razor set that was marked off 50% for DGS's dad and some ornaments to be used as gifts for next Christmas. DFIL loves a certain brand of coffee and various sugar free flavored syrups. We usually get a few bottles of the syrups and a box of coffee. We decided we are going to do 12 flavors of coffee syrups for him next Christmas and we already picked up 1 bottle of syrup. Each month we plan on picking up a bottle of the syrups to add to his gift.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Found some nice little Christmas wood signs today will be nice tuck in for gift baskets. Not a gift but got Christmas flowers for mom and dads grave for next year.
Our Michaels has tons of Christmas craft kits for kids at 60% off todays for anyone who has kids. They looked really nice (and fun!).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We decided we are going to do 12 flavors of coffee syrups for him next Christmas and we already picked up 1 bottle of syrup. Each month we plan on picking up a bottle of the syrups to add to his gift.
I really like this idea. What a wonderful gift.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum and I did an impromptu shopping trip to a big mall near us. We started at BIG W (like Walmart) and I got a bath set for DD. It contains a body scrub and bubble bath in a mixed berry scent. I also got her the matching bath bombs....all at 50% off. Got DS some Summer pjs, Mum a set of 3 paring knives with covers that she has been looking for for a while. Got a shaving brush for DS and will get some shaving cream later on. Got some wrapping paper 3 rolls for $1 and some gift bags all at 50% off. I got these for specific ideas and will store them in the gift closet. Next shop got a set of big peg type things that can be used for closing bags of chips etc. Off to KMart and I got DS a cut glass bottle ( a Whisky decanter?) which was $4. I will fill it with Skittles or similar. He will love it for sure.
I was really happy with what we got, cost less than $100 and is a really good start for the year.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I really like this idea. What a wonderful gift.
He is a diabetic and no longer drives so its hard for him to get out for coffee. We get him the sugar free syrups. and he really enjoys mixing the syrups with various sugar free creamers.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought a santa snack cup for my gd. i know i bought to many sweets this year. . will not do that again for 2023

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got 1 gift ordered! Decided next year I will NOT be last minute for grandkids gift. Had been eyeing a winter suit but ddil said she had one for this year. However it is now on sale and ordered the size for next year - I did consult ddil to make sure she didn't already have one in storage. Can't wait for it to get here and see if it fits.
Baby Ski Snowsuit - X-Warm Pink - Dark mulberry‎ - Wedze - Decathlon
Of course ddil said she might need it before Christmas... don't care, she can have it when she needs it. They had so any gifts they won't even notice there is one less under the tree.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, that snow suit is so cute.
Faye, we had a lot of sweets here too, will have to cut back.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD and DSIL rang and asked if I wanted to go to IKEA. I said yes please. An item that DH was looking for had been out of stock before Christmas but I picked it up today. He was happy. I got a lovely Winter coffee mug for myself, I will put it away for Mother's Day as I don't need it before then. Some wrapping paper, 3 little tiny clip jars that I think will be perfect for lip scrub and sugar wax for DD. I got a melamine tray and some candles so will do a gift for DS who like candles. Also picked up 4 of the IKEA fold up shopping bags and will put those in stockings.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered cuddle slipper socks from kohls that were on clearance. I like to have them on hand for little gifts.
Had to use my grocery points before they expired. Used some of that for toilet paper and paper towels for my son.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am looking for paper napkins for NYE and popped into a dollar tree type shop. They did not have napkins but picked up a Christmas shopping list pad for on the fridge, some Christmas cards whose front is an advent calendar and I got some cellophane as I used my last lot for Christmas.

I was hoping to get the napkins as a fun gift for Mum. If I got napkins for NYE, Australia Day, Easter, Mothers Day, Winter, Spring and Christmas she would have napkins for every occasion for this year. Just a thought.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Katrina if you have a party store maybe they will have some on clearance after new year’s.

We made it down to the states earlier this month. Picked up a couple candles from Yankee candles for MIL. She really like their candles and they closed all their stores here beginning of 2022. One will be for Mother’s Day and the other for next Christmas.
While there we also picked up a couple fill in cookbooks for youngest DGS. One for main course and one for sweet. Will be for his April birthday

Mid summer I grabbed fabric for DGD 2023 nightgown. Glad I grabbed it when I did as I didn’t find any that I thought she would like on our December trip. She becomes a pre teen.

Also have some Bath and Body candles/bath supplies added to my gift box. A wide scarf that will go with the yarn/pattern kit I purchased to make a matching hat/fingerless glove set.

There is also a book and CD set wrapped and ready to go for DH birthday in a couple weeks.

Pencil crayons and a colouring book for DGD April birthday. Still need to grab some skin colour pencil crayons and her gift is done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina if you have a party store maybe they will have some on clearance after new year’s.
Thanks for the tip, I will have a look.