Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina if you have a party store maybe they will have some on clearance after new year’s.
Took your advice. Went to a party store and got napkins with stylized fireworks and some black and white striped ones with the word "Celebrate" both would be appropriate for NYE. Got some for Australia Day and they can be used also for Anzac Day.

Got a 4 set of candles from KMart. They are champagne and pavlova scented. $20 down to $5. A lovely generic type gift that may be handy for DH work exchange. Also got DD 2 pairs of earrings. She picked them up several times before putting them back. They were $18 each down to $5. I have put them in a tiny gift box in the gift cupboard.
DH ordered 2 shades for the car windscreens that will be handy for the upcoming Winter. One will be for DB and one for DSIL. I got one for Christmas and love it.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good shopping Katrina.

I have a few odds and ends left, some suitable for stockings. A few other things that might be suitable for gifting this year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a few odds and ends left, some suitable for stockings. A few other things that might be suitable for gifting this year.
It's nice to have a start isn't it?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Used my kohls cash for socks for my son. All boxed up, ready to wrap and in his bin. They have tons of stuff on clearance but I was in a hurry and no coupons. I hope a coupon will come in my email and I’ll go back to pick through things.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'm on a no spend for January so I won't be adding anything to my Gift Closet this month but my stash really came in handy in December. I gave Sophia free rein to dig through - the staff at her school do a Secret Santa event the last week of school so she was able to pick several items, one of which was a huge hit with her recipient. It was a small wooden board decorated with an ornament, could be used as a bar board or charcuterie for one! Then I had a Yahtzee brunch with friends and needed to take one gift exchange item and four other small gifts that were handed out for Yahtzees and top scorers. The Gift Closet yielded some really nice items. I'll be on the lookout for items to restock, after January!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I picked up the skin tone pencil crayons for DGD b-day in April. I may add a 18 inch doll jacket to the gift. I have some fabric laying around that would work if there is enough. Otherwise her gift is completed.

I stopped at Michael’s to get some blank card sets for my Christmas cards and checked their Christmas clearance section. Not much left but I did grab a house making kit. It makes 5 pastel coloured card stock houses. Not sure if I will keep it for me or give to DGD to make up. It’s in the closet for now

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum and I went into a discount store, most of the Christmas was very picked over but what was there was 75% off. I got a really nice square lidded tin that was $1. It will be great to store some toiletries or what not for DS. Not much else caught my eye although Mum bought some candles and a few other items.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
After Christmas shopping with my cousin. Got a phone holders for husband and son. They have a clip so you can clip to your desk, has a long gooseneck and holds the phone sideways. I think will be great for them watching how to you tube videos.
My cousin found some note cards that she loved. She agonized and put them back. Next time I’m in town I’ll get them. Also found out she likes the peppermint hot chocolate k cups so I’m getting her some for her birthday.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
My cousin found some note cards that she loved. She agonized and put them back. Next time I’m in town I’ll get them. Also found out she likes the peppermint hot chocolate k cups so I’m getting her some for her birthday.
That's a great way to get gift ideas - I watch Vic at Home Depot and Lowe's to see what he's looking at longer than just browsing. Nine times out of ten, it's something he would like for his workshop but just won't buy for himself.

Reactions: Minta

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
went to hallmark yesterday 75% off. i bought myself a hallmark hoodie. but i got a couple gifts. a mickey mouse mug grinch tumbler. went to tj maxx got a mickey mouse mixing bowl.
Oh no! That's going to play havoc with my no spend January! Can I resist? Yes,...yes...yes...maybe...probably not.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh no! That's going to play havoc with my no spend January! Can I resist? Yes,...yes...yes...maybe...probably not.
Oh, the dilemma. Maybe set yourself a limit and then not spend for the rest of the month. I don't think I could resist either :p

Reactions: Minta and PamelaG

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
went to hallmark yesterday 75% off. i bought myself a hallmark hoodie. but i got a couple gifts. a mickey mouse mug grinch tumbler. went to tj maxx got a mickey mouse mixing bowl.
Good fines. Here the stores are getting fewer and fewer with a good distance between them. Closes one is 45 minutes away.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ordered some DVDs yesterday. Boxed sets were up to 50%off and got some car racing DVDs for$5 each. Will put the boxed set away for DB birthday in June or maybe Christmas not sure yet.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Tomorrow I will assess my gift closet. I know there are things in there for next year but also some things that will be donated to the local thrift store.
We went to a mall Saturday that I haven't been to in about 5 years. Yankee Candles had Balsam & Cedar jar candles for 50% off. I also found a small light up wooden sign for Ethan and his girlfriend for next Christmas. This Christmas I had all his gifts bought by August. Funny how every year one kid is so easy to buy for and the others cause extra effort. Having 4 kids doesn't always make life easy.
~Allison