Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Found a stitch coffee mug over the weekend. Our daughter loves stitch so we thought it would a cute gift to her from her son for Christmas so it's tucked away.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Grocery store had a special deal on Clorox wipes so I got them for my son. The yankee candles were not marked down any more so I passed on them.
Ordered 3 more pieces for my husbands Christmas village.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Found some books for my son at the thrift shop.
Ordered my anniversary gift for me from my husband! Some luminara Christmas candles I’ve been drooling over. He asked me if there was any thing particular I wanted, lol.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Found some books for my son at the thrift shop.
Ordered my anniversary gift for me from my husband! Some luminara Christmas candles I’ve been drooling over. He asked me if there was any thing particular I wanted, lol.
I have several Luminara candles that I picked up at Bed Bath and Beyond on a killer sale - I think they were something like 70-80% off - it was after Valentine's Day one year so they are red. Did you get the remote?

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had to google Luminara candles. They look amazing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a little bit of shopping yesterday with Mum. I actually did not get too much with the exception of some fruit flavoured tea bags for my SIL. Little by little the stocking boxes are filling up.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have several Luminara candles that I picked up at Bed Bath and Beyond on a killer sale - I think they were something like 70-80% off - it was after Valentine's Day one year so they are red. Did you get the remote?
You got a great deal!!! The ones I’ve ordered are a glitter red candy cane stripe. I don’t think the tapers have a remote but they finally are making them with the timer. Pretty sure the pillars do. I have a stack of remotes here from my other ones. We generally set the timers.
I had to google Luminara candles. They look amazing.
They are perfect for absent minded me lol. They were perfect when we had cats too. Didn’t have to worry about someone setting their tail on fire. I love that you can put them anywhere. In person they do look pretty realistic.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My candles came, they are so pretty. Of course I got an email for free shipping the day these arrived and I found a coupon in one of the boxes, so I ordered me another set for my Easter gift! I ordered a different set for my cousins birthday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My candles came, they are so pretty. Of course I got an email for free shipping the day these arrived and I found a coupon in one of the boxes, so I ordered me another set for my Easter gift! I ordered a different set for my cousins birthday.
What a great idea. I am sure your cousin will love them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bought DH 2 books, one on bucket list places to visit in Australia and one about an Australian soldier injured in Afghanistan.
Found DD some very small eyebrow razors for her stocking and got Mum and DB some Soda Stream syrups. I will get some soda water later and put it all in a gift bag.
Got DD and DS a $100 gift card each to pop away. I got 2000 rewards points on each card.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bought 2 bottles of a spicy tomato sauce the both DH and Mum enjoy. A great use by date so they will be used for stocking fillers.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We will be able to see the total eclipse April 8, 2024 here in northeast Ohio. So, I bought eclipse glasses for everyone as a little tuck in gift. Ohio has a website that list companies that sell the correct glasses for safe viewing. Everyone will have a little Christmas in April next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We will be able to see the total eclipse April 8, 2024 here in northeast Ohio. So, I bought eclipse glasses for everyone as a little tuck in gift. Ohio has a website that list companies that sell the correct glasses for safe viewing. Everyone will have a little Christmas in April next year.
What a fabulous idea. Also a lesson is planning, well done.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
I've started shopping; I bought two small Christmas Lego sets that I will put in my own advent calendar
I have no idea what to buy my kids yet. My eldest will be 13 by Christmas, youngest is 11, and I fear they're likely to change their minds on what they like by December

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've started shopping; I bought two small Christmas Lego sets that I will put in my own advent calendar
I have no idea what to buy my kids yet. My eldest will be 13 by Christmas, youngest is 11, and I fear they're likely to change their minds on what they like by December
Give Each a Advent boxes of charms with the bracelet first and then charms from memories of their life and a Christmas tree as the last charm with “love you and the year) Tiny charms so they will fill up the bracelet. Or they both could get Remote Control cars. That has gone over big at our house. We have started giving the whole family a car so they can play together. Just sent a set to my niece’s family. They have a small park outside from their apartment in NYC.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Whusky and luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I used to get the basics (socks, undies, pj's, textas and colouring books etc) through out the year and wait for a bit closer for the big things. I used to put a wish list on the fridge around October and what ever the kids wrote on there gave me an idea of what they wanted. As they got older it was easier, I told them that last orders had to be in by the first week of November lol.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
Give Each a Advent boxes of charms with the bracelet first and then charms from memories of their life and a Christmas tree as the last charm with “love you and the year) Tiny charms so they will fill up the bracelet. Or they both could get Remote Control cars. That has gone over big at our house. We have started giving the whole family a car so they can play together. Just sent a set to my niece’s family. They have a small park outside from their apartment in NYC.
Forget the kids, I'd love this! Hehe.
My youngest would probably really like this (eldest not keen on jewellery). What a great idea!
I used to get the basics (socks, undies, pj's, textas and colouring books etc) through out the year and wait for a bit closer for the big things. I used to put a wish list on the fridge around October and what ever the kids wrote on there gave me an idea of what they wanted. As they got older it was easier, I told them that last orders had to be in by the first week of November lol.
I like this - it takes some of the pressure off, and also it's like a brainstorm for them. They get to see their ideas, and may have second thoughts and cross some stuff off/add something different.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul