Gift Closet 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I ended up tipping a $10.00 gift card and a box of chocolate covered cherries.

Reactions: halimer

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum and I gave the cashier at our supermarket a little gift box with tea and some lollies in it. We go through her lane every week and she is a delight.

Got DD some shave foam and eyebrow mascara for her stocking. Got DSIL some hair gel that he uses. They were free as I used some more of my rewards points. I think every box has something in it so a good start for the new year.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
We have a different mail person every day and our garbage/recycling divers/workers are also different every week.

In my gift box for next year I have:
hot chocolate mix for dSIL b-day
fabric for DGD nightgown
some bath items for birthday gifts
yarn to make washcloths to go with bath items

figured if I put the yarn and fabric in the gift tote I won’t misplace/lose them in my craft room

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
figured if I put the yarn and fabric in the gift tote I won’t misplace/lose them in my craft room
What a clever idea.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went to hobby lobby, found somethings for our friends that I plan to make a quilt for. If the quilt falls through I’ll have a backup plan other wise I’ll keep it for us here.
Found a candle and hand soap for my son.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Found some food goodies at the BX.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'll be concentrating on stocking fillers for the first few months of the year. My list this week includes tooth paste and dishwasher cleaner that I see is on 1/2 price in the catalogues.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just spoke to DS and he gave me quite the list of things that I can keep an eye out for for next year. Good to have a list of things to buy for him. I have to be careful though because posting items to him can be quite expensive.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just did an online order for the boys. Got DS a couple of tee shirts and one for DSIL as well. Nice to have something for DSIL, I find it hard to come up with ideas for him.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Just did an online order for the boys. Got DS a couple of tee shirts and one for DSIL as well. Nice to have something for DSIL, I find it hard to come up with ideas for him.
Nice that you were able to come up with an idea for your SIL. Mine is hard to buy for as well. A few years ago I ended up buying him a gift card to Home Depot with a note on it saying it was to be used to buy tomato plants. That is where he buys them. He had a small garden at his last house. Should check and see if he plans to have one at the new home.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Nice that you were able to come up with an idea for your SIL. Mine is hard to buy for as well. A few years ago I ended up buying him a gift card to Home Depot with a note on it saying it was to be used to buy tomato plants. That is where he buys them. He had a small garden at his last house. Should check and see if he plans to have one at the new home.

How about something like this? These are at our local hardware and are about $28 Australian each. You could include some seeds and a bag or potting mix

Attachments

• Bunnings bed.jpeg
    Bunnings bed.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 4

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
How about something like this? These are at our local hardware and are about $28 Australian each. You could include some seeds and a bag or potting mix
It’s nice but he is very picky about his garden—containers, dirt, type of seeds etc. will have to see what I can get out of my daughter and if he even has plans to do any gardening at their new home.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It’s nice but he is very picky about his garden—containers, dirt, type of seeds etc. will have to see what I can get out of my daughter and if he even has plans to do any gardening at their new home.
I understand. Hopefully you find something that is just perfect for him.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just got back from our little shopping trip. I got a caramel and vanilla room spray and refill and some shave foam for DD, a bin buddy and dish washer cleaner for DSIL a bin buddy for DH. A money box, a magnetic shopping list a gingerbread reed diffuser and candle for Mum. Some chapstick for DS. All little items that will go into the gift closet.

Last edited:

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Ran to my local drug store to grab a few things and checked to see what they put on clearance from Christmas. Found some cute bath soak pkgs that included a cute little scoop and a set of 3 hand locations that I can divide up. So I grabbed them to include in the girls Christmas presents next year.