Gift closet tip - Batteries

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just a reminder to anyone who buys electronics or toys in advance that you might want to consider taking the included batteries out prior to storage. Last year the batteries leaked in a toy for DD1. The damage was irreparable, so the toy was unusable. This year I've been removing the batteries from anything I put aside, writing the type of batteries and number I'll need in my notebook, and writing it on the package (temporary wrapping) as well.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Batteries are also a good item to buy for the gift closet. Just be sure to check the date before you buy them so they'll still be good for Christmas or tuck away a little money in an envelope for the batteries for each item you get that needs them.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Good advice-you cannot have too many AA batteries around at Christmas time, and I have had batteries leak in things too...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for sharing that great advice. I gave DSonIL some batteries in his stocking one year with the note "Gift not included". He kept looking for a gift that needed those batteries when he opened his gifts, but there truly wasn't one. LOL