Gifts for Engagement Parties

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jadyne

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Not sure this is at the right spot, but I think you ladies can help me out. Our nephew is newly engaged for Christmas to his girlfriend of a couple years. Her family is throwing a big engagement party next month, but there is no set wedding date. They are talking about the wedding being in three years or so. I googled engagement party etiquette and it looks like gift are very optional, but I have a feeling there will be many and many big ones given the families. However, we're not in the position to spend much if we give a gift. Any suggestions?

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
When my bil became engaged, we purchased them a beautiful picture frame for their engagement photo. I wanted to give something, but our budget wasn't huge. (The wedding was a 4 months away and 3 of us were in the wedding.)

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I think the frame is a great idea! Along the same lines you could buy them a scrapbook. Start them out with a title page-something like -'the journey to our wedding day'. If you were so inclined you could hold a party where everyone would scrapbook one page for the album. If it's too short notice you could do your page and then include an invitation to the party with the gift. You could also make her a wedding planner from a binder-like our notebooks. You should be able to find some printables online.
You could also give her one of these books -or a Martha Stewart 'weddings' magazine and print up a coupon to offer help with a project of her choice.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
A pair of wine glasses is another small budget option. You don't have to spend a lot. :)

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I love the frame and scrapbook idea. A wedding planner could also be an appropriate gift. You could even scrap a planner for them.