Gluten Free info here

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thank you so much Diedra for starting this thread. I hoping any change will bring some improvement. Pulling link up now.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
So Diedra are frozen vegetable gluten free? And I read somewhere the other day if we have to use canned vegetables it is best to pour their juices off & rinse them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So Diedra are frozen vegetable gluten free? And I read somewhere the other day if we have to use canned vegetables it is best to pour their juices off & rinse them.

Frozen and canned veggies are gluten free as long as there is not any added spices or sauces. I never rinse my canned veggies. One could if you wanted. I have know someone (not gluten free) who always rinses her canned beans and I never do.

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Thank you! I'm going to look into this too!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Best Pie Crust Mix

Today I'm making pies. I've done a Apple and I froze the crust for a pecan. One thing to remember about gluten free bakery items: they do not have a lot of preservatives so they do not keep long (all the more reason to eat them up). They do last long in the freezer.

I use Gluten Free Pantry's Pie crust mix. It's the best I've found to date. You have to chill it to roll it out. You also have to roll it out between sheet of plastic wrap. You will not be able to pick it up otherwise.

The only time in my life I've gotten compliments on my pie crust are since I went gluten free. Gluten eater rave about how good it is. Well so do the gluten free people but we rave about anything we can eat. lol

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thank you Diedra. I really appreciate all you're showing us.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The problem around here is findin Gluten-free products. Good to know bisquick can come in GF version.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
If you always ask at your local stores if they have gluten free products they will start to carry them. It does take time. Ask the clerks, then ask the managers. Have your friends to ask too.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Frozen and canned veggies are gluten free as long as there is not any added spices or sauces. I never rinse my canned veggies. One could if you wanted. I have know someone (not gluten free) who always rinses her canned beans and I never do.

I thought some rinse canned veggies because of the high salt content. I thought some rinse canned beans to get rid of extra "gas".

My 2 cents.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, now what I want to know is what do I eat for breakfast?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Eggs, pancakes, quiche, Quinoa (hot cereal) omelets, cheese with lunch meat, fruit, leftover dinner. It does not have to be a traditional breakfast item.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You have to make your own from gluten free flour. I use my old gluten recipe for Swedish pancakes just using gluten free flour. For quiche I use a gluten free pie crust boxed mix from Gluten Free Pantry.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm going to be jumping into this thread when I have more time. Been limping up and down the stairs after all that wheat on Thanksgiving. Ow ow ow ow ow!!! Feels like a massive attack of arthritus in my knees, feet etc. See, I can eat wheat if I don't mind major joint pain and a set-up for diabetes (runs in family). So I blew it off for Thanksgiving and likely will for Christmas. But oh I pay for it! PLUS all my carb cravings came back fast (that would be the insulin part).

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with a small sprinkle of quality cheddar on top. YUM!! (Without the cheese, it's boring and needs toast. Cheese makes it an event!) :) I then do a Protein Shake later in the morning but you will have to search for one that is right for you and doesn't have any baddies in it. I use EAS and it doesn't seem to bother me but I haven't scrutinized the label. It's probably bad.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do not cheat any more. Why punish myself. I just make the things I want gluten free. And then everyone else wants my stuff. lol