Good gift idea or not?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I think it looks a great idea, but you would have to make sure it fitted your bag.

Handbags are my weakness so anything to do with them is a hit with me. I'm also fanatical about having it tidy and everything in it's place. I don't like the kind of slouchy bags where everything moves around when you are carrying it.

:flower:

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Might be good gift idea but doubt I'd use it myslef. Bags are so many different sizes and with pockets in different places.
I too like mine tidy and sometimes use a clear plastic zip make-up bag to keep the little things in.
For those who like changing their bags saw MICHE BAGS on shopping channel http://www.michebag.com.
Great idea as you buy diffent covers that fasten woith magnets - sounds awful but they look great!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
While I like the idea of an organizer for the purse, I don't think I'd like this one being that its' plastic. I remembered seeing something on QVC, and found this. I couldn't get the link to work but here is the item number: H05565 - a 3pc set for only 19.90 I like that there are 3 different sizes.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I like the concept, just not that it's plastic. My friend has one that is an organizer that you can change from purse to purse easily. She bought it at a department store and it's fabric, probably like the ladies mentioned above. She did buy one for another friend and filled it with tissues, travel size sanitizer, a sewing kit and such.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It's so nice to know that there is SOMETHING to help keep the purse organized.... but I agree you have to be sure it fits in your purse and I don't really like the plastic either. I like those Miche purses too!

I have an off-the-shoulder kinda tote/sports bag and things are a bit chaotic in it.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
My BFF would love it...I wouldn't use it much. I like to keep things tidy, but that's a little structured for me. I am a fan of slouchy bags, and just wouldn't like the way it made the bag hang. BFF would be over the moon with it though--she's a touch OCD!!

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
While it sounds like a good concept, I don't think it's practical or something most people would enjoy (at least not for long).

If you're thinking of organizers, what about one for the car? A little booklet that fits in the dash compartment to organize registration and maintenance info, perhaps? A trunk organizer or pockets for the back of a seat (provided they'll want one and it will fit their car)? You could make a gift set of it -- dashboard mop, windex, shammy, Armor All, giant sponge, etc all in a car wash bucket.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Ok- Nixing the idea. I agree the concept is good BUT.... Maybe I will make the one suggested above and see how practicla it really is....

Thanks for the input.

starflake said:
While it sounds like a good concept, I don't think it's practical or something most people would enjoy (at least not for long).

If you're thinking of organizers, what about one for the car? A little booklet that fits in the dash compartment to organize registration and maintenance info, perhaps? A trunk organizer or pockets for the back of a seat (provided they'll want one and it will fit their car)? You could make a gift set of it -- dashboard mop, windex, shammy, Armor All, giant sponge, etc all in a car wash bucket.

Remember when aol and others used to send out CDs for getting online? I took one of the plastic CD boxes (looks more like today's DVD cases) and put car information in it. On the outside where the label goes, I slide the most current registration reciept copy in on one side and current insurance card on the other. On the inside is a more complete copy of my insurance coverage, past tag receipts and emergency contact info. The case is thin so it fits well in the glove box. Plus, it's hard plastic case makes it easy to feel when reaching in from the driver's side.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I don't carry much in my small purse (kleenex, Rx, wallet, cellphone and keys) HOWEVER, I can see how this would work great in my briefcase bag I carry daily to work!

I think it would depend on their level of organization too. Some like to put everything in its place, others have a more free nature. I guess it always boils down to know who your are giving the gift too! :package: