Gooseberry Patch Blank cookbook...Help!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
I bought three of these...
http://www.amazon.com/My-Favorite-Recip ... 530&sr=1-1
One for each child to have in the future (they are 11, 8 and 4 1/2 right now). I would appreciate any and all suggestions on where to begin filling them in. Do I just pull all my recipes out & try & organize them before I start copying them in the books? I don't cook a lot so it's not hundreds of recipes, but we do have favorites & a few that have been handed down from family. I hope they love the cookbooks....I wish I had bought one for myself to use instead of having to flip through the recipe box & folder of magazine/printed recipes I have :slap: .

TIA,

Bren :flower:

Well when do you plan on giving them the books? At a certain age or for a graduation gift/wedding gift????

If they aren't going to receive it for a while I would just organize the recipes and print them on the computer and place in ONE folder. There are bound to be more recipes they will like in the future along with those current family favorites. BUT you must make sure you have printed out from the computer, the recipe ,and make sure all is correct (GOD forbid anything should happen to you). My grandmother passed away (in 2006) from cancer 2 days after her first round of chemo and there are certain recipes we haven't even found yet!!!

Did you get those recipe books yet? If I can remember correctly I had seen that in a bookstore and it had pockets for clipouts. You can place the printed copies of the recipes in there until you are completely ready to commit to writing it down in ink. I have several index card recipes written by my grandmother that I have to commit to make copies of. I know soon enough one of my Aunts will ask for the written copies despite the fact that they don't do much cooking/baking anyway...ugghh!!!

Also have the kids make them with you and take pictures of them in the process and of the finished products. Those visual memories will be reminders to be treasured forever and ever!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmascreations - your idea of taking pictures of the kids cooking was genius! The pictures will be priceless in their cookbooks! :applause:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have 2 of those books that I am doing for my 2 kids. They are 21 and 23 and both at home. When I write in one I write it in the other, so that way they are both the same.

The picture ideal is good. My kids USE to help in the kitchen all the time. When they were real little DD would sit on counter and DS stand on a chair. They would stir and crack eggs when real small. WONDER what happened!!!! DS does like to cook, especially outside over an open fire but rarely seems to anymore.