GPP 2018 - Decor Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Week Three - Decor Week September 30 - October 6, 2018

• Decorate for Halloween!

• Put up all decor as possible this week

• If still working on DIY decor projects assess where you are at with them and if you will be able to finish them by when you want/need them - update your calendar tool as needed

• If anything still needs to be purchased for decor try to do it this week!
  • Party Planning (Hosting Scenario)

• Continue to refine your lists as needed this week - Groceries needed? Items for games/activities?

• Continue to work on any DIY items intended for the party - Decor? Games? Costume Prizes?

• Mail paper invitations this week (if applicable)
  • Costume Prep

• Begin ordering costumes or supplies for DIY costume projects this week (if you haven’t started already! Best selection comes to the early shopper! Remember to price compare!)

• If planning trip to local costume store as desired - plug it in on your calendar tool of choice!
  • Classroom Treats (if applicable)

• Decide on items to send in (remember to check school rules)

• Purchase items as needed or add to shopping list; Plug in a reminder on your calendar to get things purchased by XYZ date!

• If DIY’ing the treat somehow - i.e. “dressing up” candy bars, etc. plug in time on your calendar for accomplishing this!
  • Candy Stock-up

• Purchase at least one bag of candy during normal grocery trips this week - HIDE!

• Watch for coupons online and in the paper! Start reviewing blogs like Hip2Save for candy deals!

• Consider ordering specialty candy online

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We wait till the week before Halloween to decorate - this is our fall/Thanksgiving time for now.

We do mostly spiders, I am on the lookout for a sale for some bigger spiders for the windows, our main spider is pretty big and he sits above the large web. Thinking I would like to run a spot light out there to light up the scene more.

I do a few treat bags for my clients and stock up on nonfood themed treats after the holiday/when on sale.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I haven't put up our Halloween decor yet either - just plain ran out of time this weekend! I want to enjoy doing it - maybe one night this week or this coming weekend for sure!

We've settled on Oct 13th for our trip to Thistleberry Farms - DH's work is hosting an outing which is perfect!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I might be decorating next weekend but this year will be less on the Inside. More on the outside

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I don't do too much outside decorating for Halloween. Our front porch is decorated for fall. Usually we put out the jack-o-lanterns the week of Halloween. I will probably bring out the Halloween books and inside decorations over the weekend.

I picked up a ranger hat at Spirit Halloween with one of their 20% off coupons that came in the mail. I was going to order one through Amazon but when I priced Spirit Halloween and knew that I was going to be driving by one, it made more sense and "Cents" to buy it in person. It was the first time I was ever in one of those stores. They have everything! I was creepy though.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Bought 4 huge bags of candy at Sam's last night after taekwondo class - so that should do me for the most part. If I can I'll get smaller bags at good prices in weeks leading up to Halloween - there are ALWAYS deals! :) And not only do we have a trunk or treat party and the huge trick or treating at the campground I have to reserve candy for 21 classroom treat bags as well.

DS's costume came in the mail yesterday - excited to try that out on him this weekend!!!

Looking forward to getting out my Halloween decor too! And for some reason I am just really in the mood to watch Hocus Pocus :) And Practical Magic! And Clue! And, and...I need to watch my caffeine intake!!!!

This weekend I absolutely MUST start assembling the monster treat bags for DS's classroom treat to hand out this year. They should be pretty quick once I just sit down to do it!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This weekend I absolutely MUST start assembling the monster treat bags for DS's classroom treat to hand out this year. They should be pretty quick once I just sit down to do it!
Don't forget to delegate the filling of said treat bags to DS.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DS told me they made 98 bags of candies to bring here